Thursday, July 12, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 7/12/07
“I show up. I listen. I try to laugh.”
(Anne Quindlen) Anne is a writer for Newsweek. This quote is from her book, Being Perfect. The gist: “Give up on trying to be perfect and be willing to laugh at yourself.” Are there instances when you’ve done some things that are laughable, strange, weird? In the Bible a verse reads: “Be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect.” Is that possible? ;-) Jack

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
Victor Hugo

FROM C.R. IN MICHIGAN: .......I believe that Jesus often laughed at himself.......and G_d certainly had a sense of humor , if we are the signature mark of creation.

FROM L.K. IN OHIO: I try to laugh at myself(getting easier all the time) and also my lowly Columbus Clippers(both good targets)

FRON NANCY AND SHARON, MICHIGAN CHURCH SECRETARIES LOOKING FOR A FILL-IN PREACHER: We were just laughing about the irony of having trouble finding someone to help us on "Good Samaritan Sunday". There is something quite funny about that!

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: on a daily basis. perfection is way too big a responsibility to bear. i laugh alot!

FROM G.G. IN INDIANA: There are COUNTLESS times of laughable,weird strange events/behaviors in my life...and many more to come, I'm sure. I remember a quote "We are perfect, yet not complete." I like that because it says to me that we are all OK....and still on the road to completeness and perfection.

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: Anne Quindlen is a fine lady. We send copies of her articles to our friends and Grandchildren. We need more people like Anne Quindlen. She has a clear message, and speaks out well. People should listen to her message and parents urge their children to read and remember her message.
> It is no sin to try to do a good job, but to be as perfect as the Good
> Lord, ya sure, good luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always wonder if, at the last possible moment of our lives, right there before we take our last final breath, we might not exactly be finally perfect but we might finally have just one itsy bitsy bit of time to finally be able to "see farther" than we were ever able to see before. To me that would be be "being perfect as our Father is perfect." Maybe it's a laughable wish. Maybe, after all, we really just die the moment before that insight happens.