Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 7/10/07
“Better three hours too soon than a minute too late.”
(Shakespeare) How is the clock managed in your home? Are you a latecomer or one who arrives early? This quote reminds me of the Bible story about those who were late for the wedding and had to weep and wail on the outside. On Mary’s first plane trip, the crew thought all passengers were on board and, so, took off early. When it was discovered that Mary was waiting at the gate on time, they had to circle around, land, and pick her up. ;-) Jack

FROM GOOD DEBT JON IN OHIO: Unless you are the guy with the ice cream.

FROM P.O. IN MICHIGAN: Oh my goodness --- what an initiation to air travel.

FROM J.S. IN MICHIGAN: Have you noticed that with so many couples one tends to be early and the other one late? Part of that opposites attract syndrome. With us I am the early one...I have learned over 34 years how to wait!!!

FROM L.K. IN OHIO: I try to be exactly on time......75% of the time, I'm late; 25%, I'm early.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an interesting thing that happened to Mary; never knew airlines would do that. I'm almost always early for appointments, etc., but arrived late to faith. Have had to struggle with the pain of that. Mary's first plane trip was certainly eventful--she must have felt really important to have had a whole planefull of people come for her and really glad to have been on time!!!!!