Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 6/6/07
“If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.”
(Muhammad Ali) Who is the more famous? Muhammad Ali or Alexander Flemming? Which of the two has contributed most to the well-being of humankind? Both of them, like us, are moldy bread, with worthwhile qualities. Isn’t it great to be able to move among different kinds of people? ;-) Jack


FROM GOOD DEBT JON IN OHIO: Apparently Ali has a better press agent.

MORE FROM G D JON: Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee…no one can lay a glove on Muhammad Ali.
I remember Cassius Clay too. I was confused when he changed his name in the sixties.


AND MORE: It is a shame some radical elements are making an extremely bad name for Muslim’s. My experience with local Muslims has been excellent. I have at least 2 close Muslim friends.
I think the early conversations like Clay were to avoid the draft (a move I would have almost considered myself), Nixon stopped the war just as I was getting ready to be drafted with my low number.

No comments: