Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 6/19/07
“Age is foolish and forgetful when it under estimates youth.”
(J.K. Rowling) The aged should know better, because they were young once. The youth can be excused, because they haven’t experienced aging. The problem is that times change, and we’ve got to change with the times….I keep telling myself. ;-) Jack

FROM GOOD DEBT JON IN OHIO: Being fifty, I had to look up what I wrote about the impetuosity of youth: “I remember thirty: Old enough to have been there, young enough to still get there, yet optimistic enough to wait.”

MORE FROM GOOD DEBT JON:To get back to my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable
Oscar Wilde
The error of youth is to believe that intelligence is a substitute for experience, while the error of age is to believe experience is a substitute for intelligence” Unknown

FROM MOLINER, C.F. : The opposite can be said to be true, too.

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: wow,you really said a mouthful. However, I am impatient for my grandchildren to illustrate greater maturity, in thought, especially in thought that controlls their function. It seems to me that their parents should be the mentors that encourage more philosophical thinking and thereby manuever them towards maturity. Especially when one considers their woeful lack and understanding of finances and their don't give a darn attitude. I'd like to boot them right in the rear end to stimulate their interests in things financial. I recall one of Rev.Power's sermons about a gent in the bible who gave some money to each of three sons, and then one year later had them account for their success in making that money grow. It seems to me that this lesson in the Bible is very relevent today.

No comments: