Friday, June 15, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 6/15/07
“Since you are like no other being ever created from the beginning of time, you are INCOMPARABLE!”
(Brenda Ueland) I like the word, incomparable. Do you know? Is the accent on “comp” or on “para?” Whatever, you are special, whether you think so, or not. And the world is better, because there is only one YOU! ;-) Jack


FROM L.P. IN MICHIGAN: From the pronunciation key at m-w.com it looks like either is correct.

FROM L.P. IN ILLINOIS: Hi. The accent is on "com." I am incomparable at grammar, although there are other things I'm not so hot at! (And I ended that sentence with a preposition, so I guess I'm not so incomparable after all.)

FROM L.K. IN OHIO: Sounds like the late, great Fred Rogers. Yes.

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: Morning! I LOVE this one! It's a different way to look at "You are Special!" I like the INCOMPARABLE! Somedays I'm a LOT more incomparable than others! God has a wonderful sense of humor, don't you think??? I really like being called incomparable: it's a wonderful word! And, thank God there's only one of me! :-) We are truly blessed aren't we!?

FROM GOOD DEBT JON IN OHIO: As my late Mother always said, “No one is worthless honey, they can at least be a good bad example.”

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: This is very good, a moment of truth, a good way to lift up someone, also the start of better relationships. This is so cool.

FROM E.T. IN MICHIGAN: As I always say, "Be yourself, who else is better qualified!"

FROM C.J.L. IN OHIO: Marriage Encounter says that "there will never be another US" Both of the authors are right

No comments: