Friday, November 17, 2006

JACK'S WINNING WORDS 11/17/06
“The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinions.”
(James Russell Lowell) As I look back over the years I see that I have changed my opinion on certain societal and theological issues, so I guess I’m not dead yet. I don’t know about foolish. How about you? ;-) Jack

B.G. HAS THIS CHURCHY OPINION: The problem, I think, is that people too often perceive the church to be a place where reconsidering significant societal and/or theological issues is strongly discouraged.

N.R.BURR HAS THIS COMMENT: A more contemporary version of James Russell Lowell's quote is, "I've made up my mind; don't confuse me with facts."

C.B., A SCHOOL ADMINISTRATOR RESPONDS: It reminds me of another quote and I don't know the author ... "I'm not young enough to know everything."

D.S. HAS THIS TO SAY: I am a supporter of our President, but I think he needs a little help in this area.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A more contemporary version of James Russell Lowell's quote is, "I've made up my mind; don't confuse me with facts."