Friday, November 10, 2006

JACK'S WINNING WORDS 11/10/06
“We don’t know a millionth of one per cent about anything.”
(Edison) These words are from one of the greatest inventors of all time. Think about how they can be applied to religion, psychology, the way the earth works, the sea, the universe, the body and mind. What else can you think of? ;-) Jack

MORE WORDS FROM N.R. BURR: Each of us has enormous potential,more than we can imagine, if we strengthen our faith and then act on it.

I LIKE THIS ONE FROM S.H.: Read John 21:25. And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen

D.S. SENDS A GOOD ONE: Teenagers

J.S., THE PHILOSOPHER/THEOLOGIAN GIVES THIS THOUGHT: We don't know much about the Nature of God (unless one reads Anselm...and actually understands it); however, we have been given his Word. Too bad that so many in the church choose to avoid that wonderful knowledge that has been given us and look instead "beyond the scriptures" for their answers as to what God requires of us!!!

R.H. HAS THESE THOUGHTS FROM LAKE LEELANAU: I have a large picture window in my bedroom. The window is on the north side of our house. I have an excellent view of our front yard, the lake, and the northern sky. I remember the familiar words of the song, "O give me a home where the buffalo roam." When I go to bed at night and everything is quiet and the moon is not bright, I can see the stars and I think of the words, " How often at night, when the heavens are bright with the light from the flickering stars, have I stood there amazed and asked as I gazed, does their glory exceed that of ours?"
Although I am not standing outside in the darkness, I am lying on my left side in my cozy bed gazing at those same stars and I begin to ponder the glory and the greatness of God's handiwork. Edison was right. We know so little about the vast universe. We are led to think of a favorite hymn, "How great Hour art!"

The more I see the less I know for sure. John Lennon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Each of us has enormous potential,more than we can imagine, if we strengthen our faith and then act on it.

Anonymous said...

Even if we live in a small rural community or small dense section of the city, a suburb, we don't know a millionth of one per cent about the possibilities of growth of the Kingdom of God among us.

Anonymous said...

John 21:25 And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen