Wednesday, November 07, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 11/7/18
“If you do not change direction, you may wind up where you are heading.”  (Buddha)  A pastor that I knew would begin his daily radio program with these words…”Up and away, this is God’s day.  Are you going God’s way?”  Then, he’d suggest positive ways in which life could be made better.  Today might be a good time to do a self-check.  Up and away!  Are you satisfied with where you’re heading?  Are there possible adjustments that could/should be made?  ;-)  Jack

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  MN made some positive changes last night!===JACK:  "You gotta accent the positive, e-lim-i-nate the negative"...so sang Johnny Mercer.===PAUL:  So true! ===JACK:  In case you don't know that song...
Gather 'round me, everybody
Gather 'round me while I'm preachin'
Feel a sermon comin' on me
The topic will be sin and that's what I'm ag'in'
If you wanna hear my story
The settle back and just sit tight
While I start reviewin'
The attitude of doin' right

You've got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
And latch on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mister In-Between

You've got to spread joy up to the maximum
Bring gloom down to the minimum
Have faith or pandemonium's
Liable to walk upon the scene

To illustrate my last remark
Jonah in the whale, Noah in the ark
What did they do just when everything looked so dark?

(Man, they said "We'd better accentuate the positive")
("Eliminate the negative")
("And latch on to the affirmative")
Don't mess with Mister In-Between (No!)
Don't mess with Mister In-Between

(Ya got to spread joy up to the maximum)
(Bring gloom down to the minimum)
(Have faith or pandemonium's)
(Liable to walk upon the scene)

You got to ac (yes, yes) -cent-tchu-ate the positive
Eliminate (yes, yes) the negative
And latch (yes, yes) on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mister In-Between

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  https://youtu.be/HfxqQmWtGNM===JACK:  "My Beautiful Balloon" by the 5th Dimension is a great song with a great message.  Have you ever ridden in a balloon?   I was scheduled for one, but it was scrapped because of unfavorable wind conditions.===LIZ:  no, not sure i would want to! i quit flying decades ago, after challenger crashed. had just returned from phoenix.
am considering meeting college friends in florida next spring... we shall see!

FROM RS IN TEXAS:  Lot’s of ways I know I can be better. Thanks for the reminder to do something about it.===JACK:  Every day presents a new opportunity to get "it" right.

FROM IKE AT THE MIC:  On that theme:  Ikeism #311states:"If God does not seem as close in your life as he used to,guess who moved?"===JACK:  Are you familiar with the word, immutable? ===IKE:  According to Webster's definition it means unchangeable or unchanging  & that's why I thought my '' ism'' was appropriate for your message, because when people change their belief of their religion they are upset that their religion is not as meaningful as it used to be to them.
The religion stays the same it is their change that has caused them less belief in a higher power.
One of my favorite quotes about religion is: "The purpose of religion is to comfort the troubled & trouble the overly comforted"===JACK:  Do you think that God ever changes his mind?

FROM CZB IN NH:  Was this purposely timed for after elections? ;)===JACK:  There's an old saying, "If the shoe fits,..."

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  So many good books which help to "change' or adjust our daily lives, like
My Utmost For His Highest, (Oswald Chambers), an oldie but goodie, and the newest one I'm reading, "Be Anxious For Nothing" by Max Lucado, who is so good at putting things clearly understandable and "doable'! Key verse:  "Rejoice in the Lord Always"...the focus being on IN THE LORD, as of course there are times in our lives where we cannot rejoice in our circumstances.  Plenty of help out there, if we strive to take a higher road!===JACK:  "You can lead a horse to water..." ...but sometimes you patiently need to lead a blind horse to the water.===OAKS:  I imagine you've had your share of "blind horses" to lead!===JACK:  I have to remind myself that I, too, have been a blind horse in my lifetime..  These words from Amazing Grace, by God's grace can apply to me..."I once...was blind, but now I see."

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  One day at a time is my philosophy!===JACK:  Each new day presents you with new choices.

FRO KZB:  LOVE this!===JACK:  Buddha's not such a bad guy!===KZB:  Yeah, he’s pretty wise!===JACK:  So you're saying that "he's a wise guy?"






No comments: