Thursday, November 29, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 11/29/18
“You’ve got 3 choices in life: Give up, Give in, or Give it all you’ve got.” (Wall Plaque)  One of the characters in the Li’l Abner comic strip is Joe Btfsplk, the guy who walked around with a cloud over his head, bringing misfortune to everyone near him…Things are bad…Give in!  Give up!  What we need is a different “Joe”…Look for the positives, and…Give it all you’ve got. (BTW, if you want to pronounce Btfsplk..close mouth…stick out tongue…and blow!)   ;-)  Jack

FROM HONEST JOHN:  A fourth alternatives....ignore the clowns and go ahead and do your best without them.===JACK:  ...and say to the clowns...btfsplk!

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  a 4th choice is to go back to bed which i shall now do!===JACK:  My choice is to stay up and "smell the coffee!"

FROM LG IN CT:  This is a quote from Charleston Parker; I love it!  Another of my favorites: Do the right thing because it's the right thing to do. (W. Clement Stone)  Wishing you a beautiful day! ===JACK: I wonder how you'd look with a W. Clement Stone moustache?

FROM TAMPA SHIRL: Accentuate the positive ignore the negative!===JACK:  ...and don't mess with Mr In Between!!

FROM VW MARY:  You're such an early bird!===JACK:  You know what they say about the early bird...
Nobody likes me, everybody hates me  I think I'll go eat worms!
Big fat juicy ones  Eensie weensy squeensy ones  See how they wiggle and squirm!
Down goes the first one, down goes the second one  Oh how they wiggle and squirm!
Up comes the first one, up comes the second one  Oh how they wiggle and squirm!
I bite off the heads, and suck out the juice  And throw the skins away!
Nobody knows how fat I grow  On worms three times a day!
Nobody likes me, everybody hates me  I think I'll go eat worms!
Big fat juicy ones  Eensie weensy squeensy ones  See how they wiggle and squirm!
===MARY:  Tasty, I’m sure,  but think I’ll stick to coffee in the mornings!  I like being up early; I just don’t like running out of steam before the day is over….(what in your extensive memory triggered this????)===JACK:  Didn't you ever sing that song when you were a little girl?

FROM WALMART REV:  Great closure this morning, with closed mouth, tongue sticking out and blowing!! 0;-))===JACK:  Going for a 300 game and you get a split......btfsplk!

FROM RI IN BOSTON:  Those WW are worth remembering.  If we want to be a part of something we have to commit ourselves...don't just "wilt" and let others do it.  Instead, if we believe in it, we should give it all we've got!  (BTW, your note about pronouncing Btfsplk reminded me of Lauren Bacall's well-known movie comment "You know how to whistle don't you?  Just open your lips and blow!")===JACK:  Herman Melville wrote: “There she blows!-there she blows! A hump like a snow-hill! It is Moby Dick!”


No comments: