Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 10/17/16
“It’s what you learn after we think that we know it all that counts.”  (John Wooden)  John might not make it as a coach in today’s basketball world.  …too nice…too soft-spoken.  “When it came to practice, it was all business,” said a former player.  “He didn't swear, but he would blow that whistle, and he’d say 'Goodness gracious!' and you knew you were in big trouble.”  Those who were coached by him learned more than how to play a game.   ;-)  Jack

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  i think we need more John Woodens in our world today.  the world would be a better place.===JACK:  "Goodness gracious," you seem to be making sense! ===PAUL:  hey, even a broken clock is right twice a day!

FROM CJS:  WWs is what I read first "your words" inspire me every day. ===JACK:  That's one of the reasons why I do as I do.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  We may know a lot about something,  a little about something and next to nothing at all about most things.===JACK:  Those are good Winning Words, too.  Thanks  ===JUDY:  From my learning brain!!

FROM DB IN WB:  I had the opportunity to get a copy of his book "Wooden" for free when I was in high school. I said that I didn't want it. Oh, how I regret that decision!===JACK:  He was more than a basketball coach.  He was also a collector of Winning Words and would keep them on 3x5 cards.  He'd refer to the cards often when he wanted to make a point.  His love-affair with his wife was touching also.  You might be able to get the book from the library.




 

No comments: