Friday, June 01, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 6/1/18
“Every wall has a door.”  (Ralph Waldo Emerson)  Have you ever run up against a wall?  “I can’t go on.  There’s no way.  I might as well quit now!”  Athletes know the feeling…so do non-athletes.  There are times in life when impossible difficulties crop up.  Emerson says, “There’s a door,” a way to go on.  Some wall/door experts suggest: take a nap; maybe the wall is an illusion (the mind plays tricks); look for a window, even a crack; Edison said, “There’s always another way ;”  or, I’ll make one!!!    ;-)  Jack

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  there’s always a crack... or i’ll make one!====JACK:  That's wise.  A wise crack!

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  i like this one:   when one door closes, another one opens.  but it can sometimes be hell out in the hallway!====JACK:  That's a good one.  Sometimes it's better to stay put, rather than to expect greener pastures on the other side of the wall.

FROM HONEST JOHN:  Death is a wall through which there are no visible doors....we need to depend on God to get us through that....or just give up.   No third option.====JACK:  Jesus said, "I am the door."  At St. Andrew Church with its "I am" themed stained glass windows, the glass in the fire exit reads: "I am the door."

FROM GOPHER LYNN:  Nice message today, as always.  When running a marathon, runners are to “hit the wall” at 20 miles…this never happened to me though.====JACK:  Since I've never run a marathon, I'll have to take your word for it.  Most of my "walls" came during "test time" in college and seminary.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  It’s about the door knob.  Do we push or pull!  It’s hard to get up again after hitting the wall but it’s not impossible!  Push or pull...just do it!====JACK:  Good idea!  When you face a wall, look for the door knob.  BTW, don't forget to put a knob on the door when you build your privy.

FROM JT IN WB:  Thanks, Jack.  This is a keeper!====JACK:  "Something there is that doesn't like a wall," wrote Robert Frost.

FROM HAWKEYE GEOREG:  Thanx for this quote goes to my junior high Sunday School Teacher, Jack Freed (Egads! This goes back to the early 1950s!) Jack has lived in MI for many years. ====JACK:  Back then...and during my ministry...and even now...I appreciate the interaction that I have with young people and their eagerness to discuss and learn.


No comments: