Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 10/24/17
“Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else.”  (Margaret Mead)  Proving I.D. is becoming more complex.  PINs, SSNs and photos aren’t enough.  There’s an I.D. business called, biometrics, which uses hands, eyes, voice and other parts of the anatomy to prove that you are you.  At this point, most people rebel against having a chip implant.  But God doesn’t need that stuff.  “Fear not.  I have called you by name.  You are mine!”    ;-)  Jack

FROM PEPPERMINT MARY:  "You are my friend...you are special!"  (Mr.Rogers and Ms.Mary) ====JACK:  "There's no one youer than you!"

FROM SUE:  Your Winning Words today gave me a new favorite, comforting Bible verse.  I have read Isaiah, but  missed the wonder of 43:1  Thanks====JACK:  That's one of the Bible verses that I memorized long ago...but neglected to memorize the source.   Thanks for being my concordance.

FROM AW IN ILLINOIS:  Jack,  I  first misread this.  to always remember I am antique like everyone else.    and to that I say: Amen!====JACK:  An antique is something more than 100 years old.  I'd say that you are vintage!

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  "Unique, like everyone else"...I LOVE  it! :-) Yes, even identical twins have SOME differences, as my sis and I discovered.  But God loves each of us the same, as  a Father. Rich blessing indeed!  Always!====JACK:  Was there a special way that friends could tell you apart?  We have twin girls at church who still mystify me.  I'll have to ask if there's a secret way to tell the difference.  At birth, one of them almost didn't make it...but she did...and was given the name Crista.====OAKS:  At first my mom had blue and pink tiny bracelets on us (I was pink) which she moved from R to L arm (and back) when she nursed us, so she wouldn't nurse the same baby twice! But quickly saw differences..I had a rounder face for one thing, and a slightly lop ear!  I think the  trick for relatives and friends were to remember which twin had the name Marilyn Jean and which one was  Janet Eileen: We weren't so identical that you didn't know which one was which, I don't think! It didn't help that we dressed alike all through  school ! :-(  But a lot of twins did that, in those days...!

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:   Scary isn't it?  Thankfully, we are God's and God's alone!====JACK:   I'll bet  there's only ONE Outhouse Judy on his list.


No comments: