Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 10/10/17
“Don’t tell me it doesn’t pay to worry; most of the things I worry about never happen.”  (The Church Secretary)  I like the Bible verse: “Cast all your cares on the Lord, because he cares about you.” (1 Peter 5:7).  To know that God cares about us and our situation is a real comfort.  It may be apocryphal, but I once read of an Asian man, named, Lo, whose favorite Bible verse was, “Lo, I am with you…always.”  It really helps to know that God is always with us.    ;-)  Jack   

FROM TL:  Jack, thank you for the beautiful reminder.  Thanks for WW.

FROM HONEST JOHN:  I love that story about Lo...have used it many times....it is comforting  ====JACK:  I suppose you've used is at Christmastime, too.  "Lo, how a rose e'er blooming."

FROM RS IN TEXAS:  Trying to remember that this AM.  They had to put G into ICU last night for an elevated heart rate.====JACK:  "The hopes and fears of all the years are met in Thee (O Lord)." ====JACK:  God hears, God understands.  "Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  this one i really like!   will add it to my Mary/Martha sermon file having to do with worry and anxiety.   glad you got home safe and sound.  have a blessed day...   p.s. the Lo story reminds me of a fellow in the Army whose name was Glenn Oscar Davidson (true story).  so on all his equipment he had the initials GOD.   he took a lot of ribbing for this but he was also reminded constantly that God was with him:):)

FROM JE:  I really needed this today. Thank you for your words of wisdom.  God is with me and HE helps me every day.  Take good care and enjoy this beautiful sunshine.====JACK:  Our family tombstone has "Cast all your cares on the Lord..." engraved on it.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  It does indeed, tho sometimes like my daughter Sarah, I want "someone with skin on"!:-)  I have a small wooden plaque on my fridge that says, "Good Morning; This is GOD. I will be handling all of your problems today."  I often have to be reminded of that! "Be not anxious....He tells us!====JACK:  It also helps to sing: "Jesus loves me, this I know," or "Jesus knows me this I love."

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  That's funny!  I'm not a worrier but Gary is.  I love the Lo story.  Judith is in the unbible so I don't know a lot about her.  I wonder if she was a worrier!?!====JACK:  What's the un-Bible?====JUDY:  We tried to figure out how to spell apocrypha!  I finally ask Siri.



No comments: