Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 4/25/17
“You may feel  lost and alone, but God knows exactly where you are and has a good plan for your life.”  (Yiddish Proverb)  Google “Yiddish Proverbs.”  You’ll come across inspirational aphorisms, clever ways to say a truth…like today’s quote.  These aren’t Yiddish sayings, but they could be…You can’t play Hide and Seek with God, because he always knows where you are.  You can’t play 20 Questions with him, because he knows all the answers.    ;-)  Jack

 FROM SF IN FLAMI:  My mom used a Yiddish expression:  'Menchen trucht un G-d lucht'. (sp??)
(Man plans and G-d laughs.)  So true!====JACK:  Great music.  Great comedy.  Great moralisms.  G-D evidently likes music, has a sense of humor...and is wise.

FROM CHESTER THE GOOD:  You can't play Tag with Him either. He can run faster than you can. ====JACK:  Jesus is God in human form, and people were able to touch (tag) him.  I wonder if Jesus played children's games when he was a child.  Which reminds...There's a "child story" about Jesus that didn't make it into the Bible.  Jesus and his friends were making people figures in the mud, and they began arguing whose was the best figure.  Jesus clapped his hands, and his figure came to life.  He won the contest.  There are other similar stories that were rejected by scholars as material for the Bible.  Many people don't realize that the Bible came together by biblical scholar votes.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  That Yiddish proverb is perfect.  It's like God has eyes on the top of his head, the side of his head, back of his head and is watching you all of the time!  Its comforting but scary too.====JACK:  "Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come,  Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heav’n and home,  When Jesus is my portion? My constant Friend is He:  His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;  His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me."

No comments: