Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 4/19/17
“I can think of nothing less pleasurable than a life devoted to pleasure.”  (John D. Rockefeller)  Warren Buffett defined happiness by saying, “I get to do every day what I like to do with people I like.  I tap dance to work.”  Forget about winning the lottery!  Let’s appreciate what we have.  King Midas enjoyed touching things and turning them into gold, until he touched his daughter.  You see…there are different pleasures.  What brings you happiness?    ;-)  Jack

FROM EDUCATOR PAUL:  Good friends...like you.====JACK:  There's a saying:  "To have a friend, be a friend."

FROM RJP IN NAPLES:  Happiness is family, health and giving.====JACK:  When you have family and health, who wants to win the lottery?

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Grandkids, family, friends, reading, scrapping, long drives, babies, puppies, memories, Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter, ice cream, cleaning, travel, hugs, smiles, walks, birdwatching, Compassion International child letters, photography, and looking out my window.====JACK:  You should be able to sing "Count Your Many Blessings" with gusto!

FROM HAWKEYE GEORGE:  I agree. Jack, honestly, my pleasure and happiness is knowing that Jesus Christ is my Savior.====JACK:  Do you remember sing this song?
My Jesus I love Thee, I know Thou art mine
For Thee all the follies of sin I resign
My gracious Redeemer, my Saviour art Thou
If ever I loved Thee my Jesus 'tis now

I love Thee because Thou has first loved me
And purchased my pardon on Calvary's tree
I love Thee for wearing the thorns on Thy brow
If ever I loved Thee my Jesus 'tis now

In mansions of glory and endless delight
I'll ever adore Thee in heaven so bright
I'll sing with the glittering crown on my brow
If ever I loved Thee my Jesus 'tis now.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  With me, like most others, FAMILY comes first, my faith, good friends, concerts, plays & musicals, good books, movies, golfing, pretty gardens and flowers, and flowering trees, scenic rides, lakes. oceans, mountains...the list is endless; We are blessed!!====JACK:  You probably fall asleep, counting your blessings...as the song goes.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  Yes, it is great to hear the birds.  I have a blue heron which visits my pool frequently, and now we have just discovered a bird nest in a hole in the rain tree.  We can hear them if we get up close but we don't know what kind they are.  Also the sound of the Gulf of Mexico waves hitting the beach at Clearwater is pretty mild compared to the east coast.====JACK:  The humming birds somehow find our feeder on the front porch each year.  I wonder how they do it.  No sound that I can hear, but those little flapping wings must be making some noise.


No comments: