Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 4/18/17
“I don’t need an inspirational quote; I need coffee.”  (Pinterest)  I’ve read that Starbucks has more than 87,000 drink combinations.  At Sunny’s Café, I just say, “I’ll have a cup of coffee, black.”  Inspiration comes to us in different ways.  Uncle John used to drink his coffee from a saucer, letting it go through a cube of sugar that he held in his front teeth.  BTW, I came across this new song, “Holy Jesus, I’m so tired!  Bring me coffee, grant me strength.”    ;-)  Jack

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  No Kidding? Certainly put in the modern vernacular, eh? "Bring me coffee, grant me strength"...that's a new one for sure. I rarely go to Starbuck's unless I'm using a gift card but the array of drinks IS overwhelming, and they are almost always busy, busy! I do use Starbucks at home, and take it black...Bill's grandpa used to drink from the saucer, too. He came to U.S. from Swittzerland (German speaking) as a young man.  There are times when we DO need coffee more than inspiration. Good thought!  (As Usual!)====JACK:  I use Starbucks dark roast Sumatra from the grocery store.  My parents used 8 o'clock, since my dad worked for A&P.  I remember when coffee beans were scooped out of a gunny sack, put into a paper bag and poured into the store grinder.  When I visited my dad at the store I would take a handful of beans from the gunny sack and chew them like peanuts.  No fancy name for the beans...just coffee.

FROM BB IN ILLINOIS:  I’d like to come across that song.  Any idea of the lyricist or the recording artist?  Coffee is the third Lutheran sacrament, no?====JACK:  I looked and looked, but couldn't recapture the coffee song.  I don't know about coffee as a sacrament, but it's sometimes referred to as Swede gasoline.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  This could be a family motto!  The song sounds...well...interesting! ====JACK:  The Bible doesn't say anything about Jesus turning water into coffee.  I think that he preferred wine.



No comments: