Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 3/1/17
“Your value does not decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.”  (Unknown)  One of the things I like about Jesus is how he sees value in what some call worthless.  “Come to me, all you who are poor and heavy-laden.”  He’s the shepherd who goes after the black sheep.  He’s the one choosing love over hate.  He was criticized for hanging out with the riff-raff.  In the Bible I read that, at the end of time, there are going to be some surprises.    ;-)  Jack

FROM TARMART REV:  Happy He has found a place for me . . .====JACK:  Have you ever sung this Sunday School song?
I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy
Down in my heart (Where?)
Down in my heart (Where?)
Down in my heart
I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy
Down in my heart
Down in my heart to stay
And I'm so happy
So very happy
I have the love of Jesus in my heart (down in my heart)
And I'm so happy
So very happy
I have the love of Jesus in my heart
Subsequent lyrics include:
I've got the peace that passes understanding down in my heart...
I've got the far out faith that freaks out the farmers down in my heart...
I've got the glorious hope of my blessed redeemer way down in the depths of my heart...
I've got the mighty Messiah that manifests miracles down in the depths of my heart...
I've got the far out feeling that freaks out the Pharisees down in the depths of my heart...
I've got the love of Jesus Christ my savior down in my heart...
I've got the wonderful love of my blessed redeemer way down in the depths of my heart...
And if the devil doesn't like it he can sit on a tack, ouch, sit on a tack, ouch, sit on a tack. And if the devil doesn't like it he can sit on a tack. Sit on a tack to stay.
I've got the brightest light in the depths of my heart...
I've got the infinite love of the living lord down in the depths of my heart...
I've got the love of Jesus, love of Jesus down in my heart...
====REV:  Many times in my younger years growing up and during those youth pastor years leading it.====JACK:  We had fun with the "tack" verse.

FROM BB IN ILLINOIS:  This is one of my favorites, ever.  Great thought for Ash Wednesday.
I’ve been enjoying Jesus’ equanimity lately as well.  Reading His words.====JACK: Lent seems different this year.  I don’t know what it is.====BB:  Interesting; perhaps the political climate?  I feel like the ideals of peace and justice are now in such stark contrast to exclusion and bigotry that it is a challenge.  Our pastor remarked that this strained time could be seen in a positive light …as an opportunity to “let our light shine” and that it’s easier to deal with evil out in the open than when cloaked in the shadows.  Hmmmm.

 FROM HONEST JOHN:  I think we will all be surprised since we know virtually nothing of what to expect....the only thing we are told is that the Lord will be there....that's enough for me.====JACK:  One of my favorite Bible verses is...1 Corinthians 2:9...“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man  The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” ====JOHN:  Paul's Wisdom is sometimes overwhelming

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Reminds me of the saying, "Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused".  (I have it framed in my family room!)...but as Eleanor Roosevelt sagely said, "No one can make you feel inferior without your permission." So heads up, smile, and know you are precious in God's sight, loved with unconditional love, always! ====JACK:  I'm sure you've seen it before...but it seems to fit today.
The Touch of the Master's Hand - Myra Brooks Welch
'Twas battered and scarred,
And the auctioneer thought it
hardly worth his while
To waste his time on the old violin,
but he held it up with a smile.
"What am I bid, good people", he cried,
"Who starts the bidding for me?"
"One dollar, one dollar, Do I hear two?"
"Two dollars, who makes it three?"
"Three dollars once, three dollars twice, going for three,"
But, No,
From the room far back a gray bearded man
Came forward and picked up the bow,
Then wiping the dust from the old violin
And tightening up the strings,
He played a melody, pure and sweet
As sweet as the angel sings.
The music ceased and the auctioneer
With a voice that was quiet and low,
Said "What now am I bid for this old violin?"
As he held it aloft with its' bow.
"One thousand, one thousand, Do I hear two?"
"Two thousand, Who makes it three?"
"Three thousand once, three thousand twice,
Going and gone", said he.
The audience cheered,
But some of them cried,
"We just don't understand."
"What changed its' worth?"
Swift came the reply.
"The Touch of the Masters Hand."
"And many a man with life out of tune
All battered and bruised with hardship
Is auctioned cheap to a thoughtless crowd
Much like that old violin
A mess of pottage, a glass of wine,
A game and he travels on.
He is going once, he is going twice,
He is going and almost gone.
But the Master comes,
And the foolish crowd never can quite understand,
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the Touch of the Masters' Hand.
====OAKS:  I used to sing that in churches...I have a recording of me singing it on tape;, and am amazed in my old age, how good I sounded at one time Now looong ago. ! HA! LOVE THE SONG AND POEM... I still sing in my little church choir...:-)

FROM JT IN MICHIGAN: Good morning, Jack.  The following quote appeared in the Prince of Peace bulletin this past week.  I am copying for myself and thought it is worth sharing                     “To escape the distress caused by regret for the past or fear about the future, this is the rule
to follow:  leave the past to the infinite mercy of God, the future to His good Providence,
give the present wholly to His love by being faithful to His grace.”
Jean-Pierre de Caussade  (spiritual writer, author of Abandonment to Divine Providence)
====JACK:  Lent...a time to focus putting life's cares in God's hands.



No comments: