Friday, March 10, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 3/10/17
“Music has charms to soothe a savage breast, to soften rocks, or bend a knotted oak.”  (William Cosgrove)  I’ve mentioned before that I sometimes listen to “Mozart for the Mind” when I’m writing Winning Words.  I also enjoy Bach and Beethoven.  Just for fun, I like Buck Owens’ “I Got a Tiger By the Tail.”  I saw a poster:  “It was a good day when God thought up music.”  A friend of mine has this license plate..."GOD ROX.”  What charms you?    ;-)  Jack

FROM LS IN MICHIGAN:  Music for sure inspires me!    I luv elevator music along with the other's of course😊 (Old Time Rock and Roll 60's along with Jazz)====JACK:  I've never heard Bob Seger's "Old Time Rock and Roll" while riding in an elevator, but it's one of my favorite songs.

FROM TARMART REV:  Southern Gospel, four part harmony . . . listening most of any day and singing the fifth part sometimes to help them all out!!!====JACK:  In another life, you might have been a member of the Hee Haw Gospel Quartet.

FROM BB IN ILLINOIS:  I love Taize music.  And Reggae!====JACK:  You don't seem to have that reggae look.

FROM ST PAUL IN MESA:  I like the phrase,  he who sings prays twice.    I also found another good quote for you, Jack.   it reads:  Kindness is a language the deaf can always hear and the blind can always see.====JACK:  I've always appreciated hearing good singers.  George Beverly Shea was a favorite of mine.  I sometimes pull him up on YouTube.



No comments: