Thursday, February 09, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 2/9/17
“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance.”  (Confucius)  If I were to get a tattoo it might read, “Ancora Imparo,” the words of Michelangelo, translated, “I am still learning.”  I don’t know what my IQ is (and I don’t care).  All I care about is learning something today that I didn’t know yesterday.  Did you know…In Jamaica they don’t say, “Good-bye.” They say, “Walk Good.”  Walk Good today and try to learn something new.    ;-)  Jack

FROM TEACHER SF:  ...and in Israel, they say L'hit r'ote (sp?) ...see you again soon.
Love the new learning that time allows!!====JACK:  One of my friends in Florida takes advantage of Life Long Learning, offered by some universities, that allows people over 50 to enroll in various traditional and contemporary studies.  She thinks it's great.  Perhaps it's something that would interest you.

FROM CS IN MICHIGAN:  Walk good today....====JACK:  I've been meaning to ask:  "Are you walking good these days, or are you still limping?"====CS:  I am walking good....😀 very grateful for all I have. Blessings come in all shapes and sizes!

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Something I learned yesterday reading in "Weird World": 400 Million years ago (Can you even grasp 400 MILLION years?!) on Earth, days were only 22 hours, and years had over 400 days...kind of puts your short life span in perspective, doesn't it? All Theology really has 2 simple principles:That we matter, and that everyone else matters." according to G.K. Chesterton. A good thing to learn and remember! :-)====JACK:  I have trouble comprehending my own life span...so long, yet, so short.  How can that be?

FROM RJP IN NAPLES:  And in New Zealand they don't say good for you, they say, good On you.
And the term Rift Raff come from the days of riverboats when poor people could not afford the boat fare. They would travel on a raft steered by a rift, thus lower class folk called Rift Raft or later translated to riff raff. Wonders of trivia.  Just noted that Professor Irwin Corey died, the comedian known as the worlds foremost authority.  I used to love to see him pontificate about nonsense so that it sounded profound.  Have a good day.====JACK:  More trivia...Naples is one of the wealthiest communities in the United States with the 2nd highest per capita of millionaires.  Real estate is among the most expensive in the country.  It's no wonder pastors can't retire there.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  I never learned my IQ nor do I care.  I am smart enough to know brains don't matter in certain things but compassion, caring and love mean more than brains.  We should all have Goals to learn something new everyday.====JACK:   That sounds intelligent to me.

No comments: