Wednesday, February 08, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 2/8/17
“Before you speak, T-H-I-N-K!”  (Mentors Channel)  Here’s an acrostic worth saving.
T – Is it True?
H – Is it Helpful?
I – Is it Inspiring?
N – Is it Necessary?
K – Is it Kind?                                                                                                         ;-)  Jack

FROM JM AT THE CARE CENTER:  I hope you don't mind that I share some of your "Winning Words" at my daily, management stand up meetings. For example, today's message has perfect timing with part of the messages I am delivering at staff meetings today about customer service and team work. I really enjoy reading your daily reflections- I think they are great!====JACK:  I hear from other leaders who says that Winning Words are used at staff meetings.  Yes, I publish some with that in mind.  In fact, I'm planning for one next week.

FROM TEACHER SF:  I had this as a poster in my classrooms!! Always good to hear from you! ====JACK:  When we'd go to teacher conferences for our children, I'd always look to see what the teacher had posted in the classroom...and write some of them down.  Those postings often said a lot about the teacher.

FROM PEPPERMINT MARY:  Good way to live each day.  thanks for keeping me in line. ====JACK:  Keeping you in line?  I'm a pastor, not a lion tamer.====MARY:  have you seen the movie, "lion"?  it is fantastic and i choose to relate to the name, "sheroo".  i like that you think of me as a lion!====JACK:  Yep!  Son David loaned me his DVD.

FROM DM IN LIV:  Thank you!  I absolutely love this and am committing it to memory.  I truly appreciate you sharing this with us.====JACK:  When I see the word, THINK, I see it as the slogan that IBM would put on the desks of its workers, and I also "think" of Aretha Franklin singing that song in the Blues Brothers movie.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Similar to a Rotary slogan Bill's dad used to quote: Is it true? Is it helpful? Is it kind? Good message as usual; I'll print it out for my S.S. lesson this week!====JACK: Rotary, for some is like a second church.  They used to have a rule that you couldn't miss a meeting, and if you did, you had to make it up.  I don't know of any churches that have that rule.

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  i learned a new word. thanks!====JACK:  I take it that the word is, acrostic.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  I love these words!!!  I think I will make a special scrapbook page and hang it in the kitchen!  Thanks!====JACK:  Scrapbooks aren't what they used to be.  As a boy I would go through magazines and cut out pictures that I liked (usually animals, clowns and sports figures) and paste them in a tall book with blank pages.  Nothing fancy schmancy.

FROM JT IN MINNESOTA:  Boy does that have relevance in our world.  My oh My.====JACK:  I saw this today..."Many problems in life are caused because, we act without thinking, or because we think with out acting."




No comments: