Monday, February 06, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 2/6/17
“Often when you think you’re at the end of something, you’re at the beginning of something else.”  (Fred Rogers)  Recently I received a surprise gift, “The World According to Mister Rogers.”  Today’s quote is from that book.  I’ve underlined others.  Fred’s words give insight into the joys of life and the importance of staying connected with others.  Don’t give up on the neighborhood (the world).  This is my Father’s world, O let me n’er forget!    ;-)  Jack

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  Thumbs up!

FROM TL IN MICHIGAN:   Quite a man.  His interview was replayed on The NPR Diane Rehn show as one of her all-time favorite guests.  Perhaps you heard it.====JACK:

 FROM PEPPERMINY MARY:  I love Mr Rogers. I read from that book often.  Thanks for the song of the day!====JACK:  I like cardigan sweaters, too.  Mr Rogers' mother knitted his sweaters.

FROM SHALOM JAN:  ". . . that though the wrong seems oft so strong, God is the ruler yet."  Amen to that!====JACK:  We need to sing some of the hymns of faith when life gets depressing for us.

No comments: