Thursday, February 23, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 2/23/17
“Choices, Chances, Changes.  You must make a Choice to take a Chance, or your life will never Change.”  (Quote Observations)  Look at the choices you’ve made during your lifetime; think of the chances you’ve taken; and the changes that have happened because of them.  Free will, the opportunity to set life’s direction, is a great gift from God.  But that doesn’t stop me from finding comfort as I sing, “Precious Lord, take my hand…lead me home.”    ;-)  Jack

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Sometimes there are no choices and we have to live with other people choices.  We change what we can and live the best we can with the changes.====JACK:  Have you ever heard of Hobson's Choice?  Hobson ran a stable.  If you wanted a horse, you took the one next to the door, or none at all.  There was no choice, unless it was, "Take it, or leave it."

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  "O Lord, help me! Your sea is so wide, and my boat is so small..."  As Bill said on our 45th anniversary, "If I'd fully known all that would be involved when I asked you to marry me, if would have frightened me considerably!"  But he then reassured my family and me that he had made the right decision, and he'd do it all over again...HA! Not much choice for him at that point!  The life-changing choice that We made was to  go into Christian Ministry, changing profession, entering Seminary at age 30, with wife and two children, etc.  It was a great life, as it turned out, but a very hard choice at the time! Bill later met a H.S, friend on the golf course in his home town, who greeted him, "Bill Oaks! I heard you've become a man of the cloth !! Couldn't be more surprised! How does it feel to go from a Cadillac to a Ford?  Bill didn't even hesitate,saying, Well, Ray, it kind of feels like going from death to life." :-)  Reply:"Oh,  well...I'm happy for you!"   Love these wise WW!====JACK:  Life is change.  Those who can adapt to change and make the best of unexpected situations are deemed...successful.  Congratulations to a successful one!

FROM JE IN THE WLSD:  Jack – this is so salient. It all goes back to “Let it go.” Or “Let go and Let God.” Why do we always feel like we have to be in control of everything. We can be risk-takers at any age – not just when we’re young. We can reinvent ourselves, with God’s guidance at any time. Let go and Let God.====JACK:  It ain't to have a sign on your desk that reads...THE BUCK STOPS HERE.


   

No comments: