Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 2/1/17
“She could take a nothing day and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile.”  (Mary Tyler Moore)  Mary Richards turned many people on with her smile.  I always looked forward to her TV program.  I especially remember when she attended the funeral of Chuckles the Clown…   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT4tTz0igeg   Just like with many in the comedy business, there was sadness in Mary’s life.  Perkiness probably helped her deal with it.  We each have a way, don’t we?    ;-)  Jack

FROM RJP IN NAPLES:  Chuckles the clown......A little song a little dance a little seltzer down the pants.====JACK:  No wonder Mary couldn't help chuckling.  I can't remember "laughing out loud" and a funeral, but I can remember "crying out loud."  BTW, why do people sometimes say..."For crying out loud?"====RJP:  Simple, whether with laughter or sorrow we humans sometimes cry aloud with joy or weep aloud with pain.  Is there another answer?????? Or am I right as usual??????? ====JACK:  Chuckle, chuckle!

FROM TARMART REV:  Great morning watching the Mary Tyler Moore episode . . . couldn't help but laugh-- watched it twice!! 0;-)====JACK:  I'd like to go back and re-live those seven years of the Mary Tyler Moore Show.

FROM JLF:  I like the quote from MTM for today!  I remember when you and mom would watch that show.====JACK:  Do you have any funny people like that in your office today?

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Enjoyed the youtube segment,  and the world-wide acclamation. She certainly deserved it. A truly funny lady, and talented actress!  When sadness does strike in our lives, it is good to have some levity. Charlie Chaplin used to say "You have to take the sad times, and play with them, to make them funny.."  I guess that is one way...====JACK:  One of my all-time favorites ..Hey, Jude!  Take a sad song and make it better.

Hey Jude, don't make it bad
Take a sad song and make it better
Remember to let her into your heart
Then you can start to make it better

Hey Jude, don't be afraid
You were made to go out and get her
The minute you let her under your skin
Then you begin to make it better

And anytime you feel the pain, hey Jude, refrain
Don't carry the world upon your shoulders
For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder
Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah

Hey Jude, don't let me down
You have found her, now go and get her
Remember to let her into your heart
Then you can start to make it better

So let it out and let it in, hey Jude, begin
You're waiting for someone to perform with
And don't you know that it's just you, hey Jude, you'll do
The movement you need is on your shoulder
Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah yeah

Hey Jude, don't make it bad
Take a sad song and make it better
Remember to let her under your skin
Then you'll begin to make it
Better better better better better better, oh

Nah nah nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah, hey Jude

FROM ST PAUL IN MESA:  that segment was priceless.  also,  I recall her in the movie Ordinary People.  she played that role to the max!  she also lost a son in real life as I recall,  much like in the movie OP.====JACK:  Yes, it's true about her son...and she had a battle with diabetes, too...but she could turn the world on with her smile.  "Smile, though your heart is breaking" is how another song goes.

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  loved mtm! gisela skated to joan jett's version...====JACK:  I'd never heard that version (until YouTube).  What a beat!  I can just imagine an energetic skate to it.  I'm not sure that diehard MTM fans would like it, but thanks for introducing me to it.

FROM DAIRYLAND DONNA:  Loved her. Just watched Chuckles episode again. Thanks! Did you see the special last  Friday night?  Was great!====JACK:  Nope!  Missed that special.  Missed the Brokaw special, too.  I'm losing it!

FROM JB IN MICHIGAN:  I’m going to “borrow” this one Jack!====JACK:  The interest rate on borrowing is low today...In fact, borrowing is free, in this case.

FROM AA IN FLORIDA:  CHUCKLES THE CLOWN WAS THE BEST EPISODE.  I STILL REFER TO THAT EPISODE AND STILL LAUGH.  SHAME THE WORLD DOESN'T LAUGH WITH US====JACK:  Everyone's funny bone isn't shaped the same.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  We're coming up to a very rough, perhaps the toughest time in our lives.  I'm not perky but I am a believer in the grace of God who will be with us every step.====JACK:  Are you talking generally, or personally?  Either way, "Yea, though I walk through "the valley," thou art with me."

No comments: