Thursday, January 05, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 1/5/17
“Praise the Lord! but remember, he can tell the difference between praise and flattery.”  (Ashleigh Brilliant)  Here’s another one from my favorite quoter, Ashleigh.  We’re hearing a lot these days about “fake news.”  There’s also something called, “fake praise.”  In Isaiah, God says, “These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.”  In religion, bigness is not necessarily success.  God isn’t fooled.  He can tell the sheep from the goats.    ;-)  Jack

FROM DAZ IN COLORADO:  Sometimes in my life I found it easier to Praise God than other times. Now is a good time and I thank God for it.====JACK:  Sometimes we just take things for granted, when, in reality, we should be saying, "Praise the Lord!"

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Ashleigh Brilliant is brilliant!  He is my favorite too.  God knows our heart and he definitely knows the the real us inside and us.  Perfunctory prayers are heard as loudly as the rest!====JACK:  This week there was a news article about which churches are growing and which are not.  I wonder which ones Jesus would attend?

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  How devastating to hear the Lord say, "I never knew you"!  We'll keep on serving and praising, hoping our motives and attitude keeps us in the sheepfold!! Ashleigh is usually "spot on", bless him !====JACK:  It just occurred to me...The goats wouldn't be disappointed that Jesus didn't choose them.  They never wanted to be with him anyway.

FROM TARMART REV:  That's a tough one, pure praise vs praise out of respect. Kind of like "I love you" spoken each morning before leaving the house, especially just after an argument of some kind. ====JACK:  Where would we be without the grace of God?  or the grace of a spouse?  Amazing!



No comments: