Monday, January 02, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 1/2/17
“If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes.”  (Andrew Carnegie)  I wonder if Carnegie every made New Year’s resolutions?  Part of his success had to do with setting goals and working to achieve them.  I came across this acronym for being successful with resolutions…S-M-A-R-T.  S-be Specific!  M-make it Measurable.  A-be sure it’s Attainable.  R-be Realistic.  T-set a Time.    ;-)    Jack

FROM TL IN MICHIGAN:  A great quote you selected, Jack.  Happy New Year !  Thank you for your ministry of WW.  We on the receiving end have little conception of what you put into the daily inspirations.   They start my day, and are often shared.  What may I do for you?====JACK:  What may you do?  A cup of coffee at Bosco's would be nice.

FROM EDUCATOR PAUL:  "A vision without a plan is just a dream"  Joel Baker====JACK;  Dreams and plans are just dreams and plans, until they are followed by action.  I once preached a sermon..."Wake Up To Reality!"

FROM TARMART REV:  Happy New Year, Jack . . . Here we are again for little further ride down here on earth!! Enjoying your company--====JACK:  What kind of ride?  Roller Coaster?  Merry-Go-Round?  Loop-the-Loop?

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Using goals to motivate is a goal itself.  Everyday I set a goal for myself.  Sometimes on painful days when I can't even hold a book, I'll set a little goal...and when I'm feeling great, I'll tackle the big things. Works for me!====JACK:  There are different kinds of pain.  That was expressed in the movie, Field of  Dreams.  It has a famous line..."Ease his pain."  The pain of separation, of misunderstanding, is painful, too.  But in the end, pain is a pain.  I'm sure that you can attest to that.====JUDY:  I know pain, definitely a few different kinds.  But pain in the body is not half as hard as pain in the heart.  I'm sure you know what I mean by that, being a person and a pastor.  Physical pain is nothing compared to mental pain.  God bless you for bringing joy and the Word to people as a chaplain and pastor and through your Winning Words.

FROM CHESTER THE GOOD:  Good way to start the year. Have a Happy!====JACK:  Carnegie's name was on the front of the library that many of used in Moline.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  A LOFTY goal, indeed! I  remember my father-in-law taking his course, "How to win friends and influence People" many years ago. He was president of the school board, and of Rotary in Peoria at the time, tho he  only had an 8th grade education, he was a life-long learner.  Mr. Carnegie was a wise and certainly philanthropic person! Good words to consider; I'll remember S-M-A-R-T!====JACK:  Dale and Andrew are sometimes mixed up.  Andrew was the philanthropist who gave money to many communities to establish a library.  Dale is famous for conducting seminars, teaching people (especially salesmen) "How to Win Friends and Influence People."  Both Carnegies did good work, each in his own way.  Do you remember the Carnegie Library in Moline?

FROM HAWKEYE GEORGE:  I still write my goals every year.====JACK:  Once an entrepreneur, always an entrepreneur.



No comments: