Thursday, January 19, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 1/19/17
“God created a world full of many little worlds.”  (Yiddish Proverb)  People often laugh at Yiddish proverbs, but, in reality, most are just common sense wisdom.  Like the one quoted today.  There are so many little worlds out there.  Use a microscope (or a telescope)…creation is endless.  God is everywhere.  Here’s another Yiddish Proverb that I like:  “You may feel lost and alone, but God knows exactly where you are and has a good plan for your life.”    ;-) Jack

FROM TARMART REV:  He sure "has" . . . but truer still, the best is yet to come!!====JACK:  "There's a land (world) that is fairer than day, and by faith we can see it afar...in the sweet by and by."

FROM LH IN MICHIGAN:  My heart really needed that Yiddish proverb reminding me about God’s plan.  Thank you.  That’s what I call a “GMC” -  a God manufactured coincidence.  I made a screen shot of it and put it on my desktop.====JACK:  ....and I thought that GMC was just a car company.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Love those Yiddish proverbs!  We are in worlds within worlds within worlds.  It's unbelievable how big this world is and how tiny they get!====JACK:  A good song...
This world is not my home  I'm just a-passing through
My treasures are laid up  Somewhere beyond the blue.
The angels beckon me  From heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home  In this world anymore.

FROM SAINT STEVE:  God is everywhere. Indeed!====JACK:  Don't some people refer to the northwest as "God's Country?"====STEVE:  It does provide some stunning natural scenery where we can't help but take pause. Some large cedar trees remain in protected areas. They're fragrant too. As a youngster I wondered if the cedars of Lebanon were like these in Washington. I always enjoyed working with cedar siding at the jobsite. Jobsites I was on, the electrician was 'sparky', carpenters 'sliver-pickers', sheet metal workers 'tin-benders', and there were a few others. Jesus was a carpenter. I bet he had his share of slivers.  Dad liked the ocean, but not just for the view. I think it had more to do with the sound and feel of the surf and the smell of salt on the breeze. Walking on the beach he'd turn his back to the breeze, tip his head down a little bit, and cup his hands around his pipe as he tried to light it with the Zippo. He had thick hands that never seemed to get cold.  I have Raynauds and envy people, like my wife, that are human toasters. The North Pacific coast is cold and most times of year it's windy and cloudy which keeps the crowds away. It makes sense he'd like it; fewer people and weather that makes a bowl of clam chowder and cup of coffee a bit more inviting. He used the ocean to explain the Gospel too. 'We don't go to the ocean and say, 'There is tension here.', instead we say, 'There is great power here.' In life's tensions sometimes we forget God's strength is available to us.
A bowl of chowder sounds pretty good right now. ;)====JACK:  The sea might be in the genes.  You may, or may not, know that your great grandfather was a builder of sailboats and came from some islands in the sea between Sweden and Finland.  He also crafted  violins and hand-made shoes for people with deformed feet and other foot problems.  I would not be surprised that you are able to handle tools, because of something inherited.  Life is amazing.


No comments: