Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 1/17/17
“You didn’t pick me.  I picked you.”  (P.J. Fleck)  P.J. used these words when speaking to the Univ. of Minnesota football team.  They hadn’t chosen him as their coach, but he had chosen to be their leader.  These “good words” were originally spoken by Jesus to those on his “team”, the disciples, who would be responsible for spreading the news of God’s love for people.  You have to feel energized when the leader says, “I picked you, and I’m counting on you.”    ;-)  Jack

FROM CHESTER THE GOOD:  I wonder if the Disciples called Jesus "Coach."====JACK:  Some Green Bay Packer fans still consider Coach Vince Lombardi to be...God.

 FROM FM IN WISCONSIN:  Jack, very appropriate, as we read in epiphany of our Lord Calling some disciples!====JACK:  I wish that some congregations would realize that their relationship with a synod and the larger Church is like being part of a team.

No comments: