Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 9/28/16
“Keep your face always toward the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you.”  (Emerson)  The Carter Family used to sing, “Keep on the sunny side of life…It will help us every day, it will brighten all our way.”  An article in Healthy Living reported a study--that a positive outlook is a factor in having improved  physical health, regardless of age, gender and income level.  Maybe Peale was onto something when he wrote about The Power of Positive Thinking.”    ;-)  Jack

FROM TARMART REV:  One of my favorite sayings: "There's a pony somewhere in the midst of that pile of manure!?"====JACK:  There's good, even in manure.  It's better fertilizer than the manufactured kind.  The City of Milwaukee takes human waste and sells it as fertilizer under the name, Milorganite.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  I used to take my kids to see the Gemini Twins.  They sang kid's songs.  They were from Russia and they sang one of the folk songs:  "May there always be sunshine, may there always be good times, may there always be mama may there always be me!  That has stuck in my head since the kids were little.  I was President of the PTA when Kimberly was in elementary school.  We sponsored the Gemini Twins for a concert at the school.  They sold CDs after the concert but I didn't have any money.  Andy searched out the Principal, Miss Winters and begged her for money to buy the CD.  Needless to say, I was very embarrassed!!! I did end up with the CD. ====JACK:  The "sunshine" is in the remembrance of those days and that event!

FROM DMF IN AV:  That is one of my favorite songs!====JACK:  A variation of the song is "Stay on the Sunny Side" with a knock-knock joke between each stanza, like...
Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Woo
Woo who?
Don't get excited. It's just a joke.
====DMF:  I found a few videos of “Stay on the Sunnyside”, but they were all hand-held videos of people at camp, etc. that couldn’t be heard very easily, but I did get the gist of it.  Did you do that at Camp Augustana?  When I was searching for that song I saw this from Monty Python about taking a positive outlook on life. I’m pretty sure you’ve seen it before. I suppose some think it is blasphemous.====JACK:  "Always Look on the Bright Side" and "Keep on the Sunny Side" are two different songs.  I never saw the Life of Brian, but I know of it...and have no problem.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  Very good advice.  One day at a time.  It's a beautiful day in Florida.  My rain tree was beginning to turn yellow and red, but now it is green again.  The fall is a beautiful time up north, too.  Enjoy.====JACK:  I suppose you have no problem in Tampa, staying on the sunny side of anything.

FROM BB IN ILLINOIS:  Monty Python…perhaps in the Life of Brian movie featured a song, “always look on the bright side of life”….I can hear them whistling now.  Perhaps blasphemous but,they’re all being crucified together in the scene at the end of the film and singing together from the crosses.====JACK:  Monty Python's "Silly Walks" really cracks me up.  I think I'll YouTube it right now.

====DMF:  I found a few videos of “Stay on the Sunnyside”, but they were all hand-held videos of people at camp, etc. that couldn’t be heard very easily, but I did get the gist of it.  Did you do that at Camp Augustana?

When I was searching for that song I saw this from Monty Python about taking a positive outlook on life. I’m pretty sure you’ve seen it before. I suppose some think it is blasphemous.






 




     
  






No comments: