Friday, September 02, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 9/2/16
“Sometimes you don’t get closure, you just move on.”  (Unknown)  I researched “decisions” and came across “when to trust Gut Almighty.”  Gut feelings are hard to explain.  There are some psychologists who see them as a brain short-cut, even going so far as to call the “gut” a 2nd brain.  One of my favorite sayings is…”Not to decide is to decide.”  If you’re looking for closure to a situation, I’d suggest first a prayer for guidance…some thought…then the move.    ;-)  Jack

FROM TRIHARDER:  Clearly, "not to decide is, indeed, to decide." Especially when acceptable (or the least bad) choices disappear. Having said that, I'm usually very slow to commit to an important decision. My x-wife's family motto was (is?) A bad decision is worse than no decision at all." to which I'd respond. "I couldn't disagree more." As I've written to you on several occasions, I quipped, "Never be in a hurry to make a bad decision." or the corollary, " procrastination is a means of avoiding a poor decision."====JACK:  I don't think that I'd like being a judge.  The black and white cases are a snap.  It's the gray one that would get to me, especially when it affects the ongoing life of someone.  The "jury" may make it easier, but not always.  BTW, I like all those comments about decision and indecision.

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  this is interesting... i will just move on...====JACK:  Life has a way of sometimes forcing us to be experts with regard to moving on.

FROM HONEST JOHN:  I am a "both/and" person...use you head and your heart====JACK:  Soren would be honored.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  There are many loose ends in our lives.  But there are things we'll never know.  I wonder about people I've met along life's journey....people I drove to college with, people I worked with and people who have dropped in and out.  I still think of them and keep them in my prayers.====JACK:  The computer has enabled us to reconnect with long ago friends in a way not possible before its invention.



No comments: