Monday, September 12, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 9/12/16
“Failure is temporary.  Move quickly beyond it.” (Unknown)  Michael Jordan says that he’s missed over 9.000 shots is his basketball career…“and that’s why I have succeeded.”  No one’s a success 100% of the time.  We are made better by our failures.  The Bible tells the story of Job, a man who had all kinds of bad luck.  His friends told him to curse God and die.  Job responded, “Though he slay me, yet will I trust him.”  And, in the end, God rewarded that trust..    ;-)  Jack

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  and Babe Ruth struck out several thousand times in his career too (as i recall reading about it).====JACK:  Babe struck out about once in every 6 at bats.  He said, "Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."  That's why he's an All-Star.

FROM BULLSEYE:  That quote looks very familiar!====JACK:  I generally use what's sent to me.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Just home from Seneca lake (Biggest Finger Lake) in New York. So good to see WW again... can't wait to "catch up" on 12 days worth on the blog! :-)   Comedian Jim Gaffigan notes that "Failing and laughing at our own shortcomings are the hallmarks of a sane parent!"  There is nothing final about a mistake, unless you take it as final! We keep trying til we get it right!!====JACK:  "It ain't over til it's over."  Yogi said it best.

FROM TARMART REV:  I must admit, my feelings of failure drove me to reevaluate my pastoral call in my mid-life and in turn gave me a direction and ministry that has been such a feeling of fulfillment and blessing these past 25 years. “Failure is temporary.  Move quickly beyond it.” ====JACK:  I've advised pastoral friends that it's a good idea to re-evaluate their ministry every 3 to 5 years.  "Is this where God wants me to be?"  Doing such a thing helps keep one from getting into a rut which can become deeper and deeper with the passing years.

No comments: