Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 6/22/16
“Kindness is in our power, even with fondness is not.”  (Samuel Johnson)  A man was listening to the preacher talk about everybody loving their neighbor.  He mumbled under his breath, (“he hasn’t met my neighbor!”)  Some people are really hard to get along with.  To “love” does not necessarily mean to be “fond.”  Kindness is what Jesus had in mind when he talked about love…trying to see with a different set of eyes.  Are you able to do it?    ;-)  Jack  

FROM TARMART REV:  Pretty tough at times until I remember Christ first loved me...====JACK:  "Just as I am, without one plea...."

FROM WATERFORD JAN:  I like today's Winning Words because I occasionally come across people who are so very difficult to treat with fondness (and I try not to be one of those), but the ability to treat them kindly can only come from following the words of Jesus.====JACK:  There are friends (as in Facebook) and then there are friends.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  We are blessed with wonderful neighbors.  We just had another neighborhood BBQ.  But growing up we had a terrible neighbor.  He would threaten us all the time and if s ball went on his property he would take it.  We actually felt sorry for him.  I don't remember praying for him but we should have.====JACK:  I may have told you this before, but my sister is a pastor's wife.  When someone at church was giving her a hard time, she'd bake some cookies and present them as a gift to that person.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  Yesterday I went to a travelogue on India,Nepal, and Tibet. It made me count my blessings again of being born in this country. We have the same neighbors today that we had when we moved into this house in 1970.  And everyone is kind and we all sort of look out for each other.====JACK:  In all the times I used the word, neighbor, I've never bothered to look at its etymology..."near--farmer (resident)."  We've lived in the same house for 47 years and have had 6 or 7 families living next door...and never a clinker.  Do you know what a clinker is?

FROM MS IN MICHIGAN:  Great advice for me to keep in mind!

No comments: