Thursday, June 02, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 6/2/16
“If you only pray when you’re in trouble you’re in trouble.”  (The Savvy Sistah)  Intrigued, I found out that Sistah is Roshonda Payne, a successful businesswoman, who blogs daily positive statements to her readers…Wake up and have a wonderful day…After 3 hours of sleep, I still have a smile on my face…I’m too thankful to complain…I’m learning to appreciate the little things in life…I trust God with the steps I have to make in my life.  Good advice!    ;-)  Jack

FROM HONEST JOHN:  I wonder if anyone in Fallujah, Iraq is reading those blogs?====JACK:  I wonder if the common Muslim prays in the same way that you and the common Christian prays?

FROM TARMART REV:  Indeed, good advice!!====JACK:  In the AG churches are the women referred to as sistahs? and the men as bros?====REV:  Saw that and had a smile . . . no more "brothers and sisters", a few "bros", but no "sistahs" I know of. 0;-))====JACK:  "Not my brother, not my sister, but it’s me, O Lord, standing in the need of prayer."

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  i have a friend who, when asked how she is,  will almost always answers, "thankful."====JACK:  We were asked to be Godparents for a baby named, Faith.  She has grown to be a woman who lives up to her name.====SP:  my godparents, now deceased, also had a daughter named Faith.  i think that name was kind of trendy some decades ago.  you don't hear it much any more.   wonder why...====JACK:  Charity's another one.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  What a great thought!  It's hard to put into practice when nearly every morning I get up at 7 to let workers in to start banging and pounding right away.  However they are extremely nice and work is getting done on the house.  It puts a smile on my face just thinking about it!  Imagine, the damage was done in February, we were in Florida, and it was in the 80's.  Here it is June, they are hard at work and it's in the 80's!====JACK:  Lesson:  "Don't go to Florida in the winter!"

FROM FM IN WISCONSIN:  SO TRUE!====JACK:  Yet, the omniscient God understands and i willing to forgive his feeble saints.

FROM, DM IN LIV:  These are awesome!  I will be looking Sistah up.  Thank you====JACK:  In this new religious world, I wonder if Catholic nuns are referred to by their first names, or are they still called, Sistah?

No comments: