Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 4/27/16
“You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, but there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.”  (Dita Von Teese)  I read this week that one reason teens are addicted to Facebook is that they want to be “liked.”  In the “old days” when we didn’t get enough likes, we’d say:  “Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, Guess I'll go eat worms.”  A  pastor used to close each worship service by saying, “Remember, God loves you, and so do I.”    ;-)  Jack

FROM RS IN TEXAS:  ...and if God loves us what else do we need?  Hard to remember that some days when the world seems against us. Maybe that's why I look forward to WW's so much - always gets my day off to a great start.  Thanks====JACK:  From one of my favorite songs....
Could we with ink the ocean fill,   And were the skies of parchment made;
Were every stalk on earth a quill,   And every man a scribe by trade;
To write the love of God above   Would drain the ocean dry;
Nor could the scroll contain the whole,   Though stretched from sky to sky.

FROM TARMART REV:  ...always somebody will...try perhaps to appease, but don't use it as your only criteria of worth and value to others... ====JACK:  I'll bet you can remember the names of those (or the one) don't like you.  I can, as can most of us.

FROM CZB IN NH:  I love the way different Pastors choose to close their services. One of my favorites:  "Shalom, go in peace and serve the Lord."  What a great weekly send off :)====JACK:  At Holy Spirit in West Bloomfield, there's a sign as worshipers leave the parking lot..."GO IN PEACE, SERVE THE LORD."  I also like this pastoral sending..."Go in peace...Remember the poor."

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  Like.====JACK:  Do people ever "Dislike" on Facebook postings?  ====LIZ:  they now have like, love, funny, wow, & angry as options.====JACK:  You still have the option to "Unfriend" someone.  Have you ever done that?====LIZ:  never. i have been unfriended over my libertarian politics by liberals a few times, tho. one re-friended me after reconsideration.  a shame when people can't discuss, disagree without its getting personal.

FROM JB AT LSTC:  My mother taught me that song, with a slightly different wording: Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, I’m gonna go eat worms. Big fat juicy ones, little bitty slimy ones, oh, how the big ones squirm!====JACK:  When I was in 1st Grade I didn't need Facebook to tell me that Duane Hebble didn't like me.  One day he came up to me and said, "Just you wait.  After school I'm going to be waiting in the bushes across the street, and I'm going to beat you up."

ROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Boy I haven't heard that saying in a long time!!!  We cannot be offended by all of the "stuff" going on in this world.  We must keep going and try the best we can to be the best we can!====JACK:  If you don't like the stuff going on...change what you can...or go eat worms.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Bill had an attractive polished wooden sign put up above all the exit doors at our church, saying, "YOU ARE NOW ENTERING THE MISSION FIELD".  It was a good reminder of what we were about!  They are still in place, today...  (Since your blog today talked about closing the worship services.)====JACK:  We don't hear much about Mission Fields anymore.  Maybe it's because the seed that was planted in the past has taken root and grown.  However, we do still have missionaries.

No comments: