Friday, April 01, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 4/1/16
“You cannot touch your lower lip with your tongue.”  (Physical Oddity)  Have you ever seen a contortionist, someone who has extreme flexibility?  400# Matt is able to touch both cheeks at once with the soles of his feet.  About the best that most of us can do is open our mouth and stick our foot in it.  Some can talk out of both sides of their mouth at once.  BTW, for those of you who read the quote and tried to touch your lip with your tongue…April Fool!    ;-)  Jack

FROM LG IN MICHIGAN: Got me!====JACK:  You're #1; you're #1!

FROM TARMART REV:  Always a fool for a good joke or two, especially on April 1st!!====JACK:  Is your "funny bone" in your elbow or does it rest on top of your spine?

FROM TL:  You got me!====JACK:  Did you pass "anatomy" when you were in school?

FROM HONEST JOHN:  I want to know who this guy Physical Oddity is?    Sounds like he might be running for Prez!====JACK:  It appears as though there's more than one who can speak out of both sides of the mouth at once.

FROM EDUCATOR PAUL:  Ok...you got me!!!!!!====JACK:  We're so used to "clicking" before "thinking."====PAUL:  Or trusting before judgment!  Hahaha====JACK:  No judgment until closer examination.  A lot can happen between now and November.

HAWKEYE GEORGE:  GOT ME!!====JACK:  April 1st has always been a favorite holiday of mine.

FROM LBP IN PLYMOUTH:  Ack! You got me!  I was trying to figure out what I was missing... Tongue to lip. Yep. Top of tongue to lip? Nope can do that too. Hmmm.  Kept figuring as I read. ... Glad I read to the bottom before emailing for clarification!

I fooled V this morning by telling her that the principal called and said that the last day of spring break was cancelled and she had to get ready for school today. I thought for sure she'd call me on it because she's been planning her April fools gag for weeks. But the poor girl cried! Oh my. Making me stick out my tongue was a much better trick.

FROM DAZ IN COLORADO:  Glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humor.====JACK:  It helps to have a sense of humor when it comes to politics.  Every candidate is fair game...even dear old Abe.  I'm sure you have some stories about how he wasn't always liked.

FROM DM IN LIV:  LOL!  Got me!====JACK:  I like it when people respond, LOL, to what I think is funny.  Sometimes we take life too seriously.

FROM LBP IN PLYMOUTH:  Ack! You got me!  I was trying to figure out what I was missing... Tongue to lip. Yep. Top of tongue to lip? Nope can do that too. Hmmm.  Kept figuring as I read. ... Glad I read to the bottom before emailing for clarification!  I fooled V this morning by telling her that the principal called and said that the last day of spring break was cancelled and she had to get ready for school today. I thought for sure she'd call me on it because she's been planning her April fools gag for weeks. But the poor girl cried! Oh my. Making me stick out my tongue was a much better trick. ====JACK:  We tend to trust moms and pastors.

FROM GUSTIE MARLYS:  Good one!====JACK:  I've opened my mouth and put my foot in...omce or twice.

FROM RJP IN NAPLES:  Good one......got me!!!!====JACK:  Have you tried to touch your cheeks with the soles of your feet?  I'll bet you can't do it.====RJP: Actually my daughter in law who is a ballet teacher and dancer can. When she was 8 months pregnant she could put her legs behind her head. Today I am reminded of our first dog who was born April 1st 1962. We named him Quince after Quince the Joiner who is one of the fools in A Midsummer Nights Dream.====JACK:  Testing your knowledge....Who was called, The Perfect Fool?  (No!  It isn't one of the current candidates.)

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Well, I thought, "who sez"?  I knew I could; was that Odd?! HA!  With all the kiddies grown up and long gone, I wasn't even thinking of "April Fool"!  Have a good one! ====JACK:  Did you and your twin even try to "fool" each other on April 1?====OAKS:  I'M SURE WE DID, BUT NOTHING STANDS OUT...ONCE WE PUT SALT IN THE SUGAR BOWL, WHICH MADE FOR A NASTY BOWL OF CEREAL! MY BROTHER AND DAD WERE THE VICTIMS...MY KIDS LEARNED TO BE PRETTY WARY ON APRIL 1ST. MARK WAS ALMOST AN APRIL FOOL'S BABY, BUT CAME ON MARCH 31ST.

FROM OPTIMIST ART: Good April Fool, Jack. Thanks.====JACK:  In the "olden days" we used to be able to go to the dime store and buy April Fool cards and give them to friends at school.

FROM CHESTER THE GOOD:  You got me! Tongues are used mostly for wagging.====JACK:  Did you ever get a tongue-lashing?

FROM MK IN WL:  Lol! Chuck, Sheperd & I just did it! You got us:)====JACK:  Are any of your family into April Foolishness?

 

No comments: