Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 12/8/15
“If it is important to you, you will find a way.  If it is not, you will find an excuse.”  (Kermit the Frog)  Kermit wrote a book, A Frog’s Eye View of Life’s Greatest Lessons.  “It’s a book about ridiculous optimism,” says a reviewer. It explores…Falling in love…Why bad things happen to everyone.  Jim Henson, Kermit’s creator, was a talented individual who was able to put good ideas into the mouths of puppets.  Which Henson puppet is your favorite?    ;-)  Jack

FROM LBP IN PLYMOUTH:  I was always a Kermit fan. But I loved all the Henson creations.... Muppets, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, etc. I remember Jim Henson's death as a significant life event in my childhood.  Today's WW quote is a restatement of one that irks me. Maybe because I know it's true but have trouble ranking the barrage of "important" things and inevitably something isn't done. (Is this me making excuses?) maybe it's that I feel the saying is accusatory by stating "you didn't make time so obviously it/I am not important." But, next time I hear it or see it, I'll try to think of Kermit saying so. It's hard to be irked by Kermit.====JACK:  Only God is omnipotent.  The rest of us have to learn to prioritize.====LBP:  Sometimes I feel it is a steep learning curve...

FROM TARMART REV:  ... never much of a fan of any of them...Kermit made the headlines more often as Miss Piggy, they both made me smile on occasion.====JACK:  Could it be that you relate most closely to the Cookie Monster?

FROM PEPPERMINT MARY:  kermit for sure. " it's not easy being green", but he is always true to himself and so optimistic.  love that frog!====JACK:  He seems like the wise one...perhaps the alter-ego of his creator.

FROM SMOKEY STOVER:  I have a fondness for Cookie Monster. Prefer oatmeal over chocolate chip, but most favorite is frosted sugar Christmas cookies. Mother in laws recipe handed down from her great aunt.====JACK:  To encourage children to eat healthful foods, the Cookie Monster now says that he likes fruits and eggplant.  I don't think that the name, Eggplant Monster, will catch on.

FROM CHESTER THE GOOD:  The Swedish  Chef. Only Muppet character without a name. Can't understand a word he says but every time he talks, it's funny. Sometimes silliness is the best cure. Second is Animal, the drummer. Probably the most expressive face on the show.00000 ====JACK:  I like the two old coots, Waldorf and Statler.  The Swedish Chef would be next.  Danny Kaye, in one episode, gave him the name, Tim.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  So true, and well-said! The muppets had such good lessons for toddlers and preschool, that teenagers and adults could also learn from! Have never forgotten Kermit the Frog singing , "It's not Easy Being Green". what a creative team on that show! Jim Henson died far too young...!====JACK:  In 2011, Christianity Today published an article, The Gospel According to Jim Henson.  You can read it online.====OAKS:  Thanks...I made a note to do that when time allows, (Working on final script of Christmas program I'm giving for the Garden 'club Thursday...THE BASKET BRIGADE CHRISTMAS, which I will present wearing a Civil war dress and bonnet, hoops and all!

FROM BS IN ENGLAND:  Definitely  Miss Piggy!====JACK: Miss Piggy quote:  "Moi has always possessed a charm that is lethal to men."

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Kermit has some very wise words!  My favorite characters are the two old men and the scientist!====JACK:  Do you mean, Sid the Science Kid?

FROM CHESTER THE GOOD:  Cannot STAND Miss Piggy! I think they modeled Hot Lips on Mash after her.====JACK:  I thought that you were a fan of "Hot Lips!"

FROM KF IN MICHIGAN:  Kermit, of course!  Did you know the original Kermit was made from Jim Henson's mother's bathrobe ?  My favorite Christmas movie is "A Muppet's Christmas Carol"! ====JACK:  After a Sunday School Christmas Program, I called on an elderly lady who had been there.  She said, "My grandson was one of the wise men.  I was surprised to see that he was wearing my bathrobe."

No comments: