Monday, December 28, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 12/28/15
“Everything that happens in life, good or bad, he uses as a teaching experience.”  (Marina Fang, writing about Pres. Jimmy Carter)  Recently Carter, who still teaches Sunday School, told his class about the sudden death of his grandson a few hours before.  He used the announcement to tell of the comfort that can come from God in such times.  Life isn’t always easy, but having a religious faith can help in the tough times.  I suppose we each could tell “our” story.    ;-)  Jack

FROM TARMART REV:     (v) I LOVE TO TELL THE STORY, Of unseen things of above, Of Jesus and His glory, Of Jesus and His love, I love to tell the story, Because I know ‘tis true, It satisfies my longings, As nothing else can do.
   (v) I love to tell the story; More wonderful it seems Than all the golden fancies Of all our golden dreams. I love to tell the story, It did so much for me; And that is just the reason I tell it now to thee
   (v) I love to tell the story; “Tis pleasant to repeat What seems each time I tell it, More wonderfully sweet, I love to tell the story; For some have never heard the message of salvation From God’s own holy word.
   (v) I love to tell the story; For those who know it best Seem hungering and thirsting To hear it like the rest, and when, in scenes of glory, I sing the new, new song, ‘Twill be the old, old story, that I have loved so long.
   (Chorus) I love to tell the story, Twill be my theme in glory, To tell the old, old story of Jesus and His love.
====JACK:  The catchphrase, "That's my story, and I'm sticking to it," originated in the 1920s when a crook gave the police his alibi.  Your's is no alibi...It's a witness.

FROM MOLINER JT: I have told "my" story many times !!====JACK:  ...and it's an amazing one.  The cat with 9 lives has nothing on you.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  Faith in God is the answer to life.  It is hard to believe that some people say that they don't have faith.  Anyway, we are having 80 degree weather down here and enjoying the beach.====JACK:  Finally....we're getting some winter weather today.  The song, White Christmas," could have been changed to "Warm Christmas" this year.  It felt like we were in Florida (northern).

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  The Carters are remarkable people; they sure do what they can to make the world a better place. You learn valuable lessons, and sometimes costly, by negative experiences.  What we have experienced, makes us more empathetic to others, I think. No one can minister to a widow like another widow, and the same for ones who have lost a child, etc Yes, we learn, and pass it on!  I just had a rather costly mishap with my car, because I was fiddling with the radio to find a good Christmas Music program,, and cracked into a street divider.  Fixed in one day, but I won't take my eyes off the road when I'm driving again! for a good while, at least!! And cautioned all the family as well!====JACK:  I remember the story of a family who experienced the death of a child.  The burial was on Saturday, and the family was in their usual place at worship the next day.  A little boy poked his mother and whispered, "They really do believe, don't they?"

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Hopefully, we all have learned that lesson.====JACK:  I remember you telling me about your Sunday Schoolteacher and how much she taught you.  I seem to recall that it was Mrs Wiggert.

No comments: