Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 12/16/15
“Count your rainbows, not your thunderstorms.”  (Alyssa Knight – Age 12)  Storm chasing is a job that I wouldn’t want to have.  When someone goes asking for trouble, that’s usually what they’ll find.  It’s that way with the choices we make in this life.  I like the old song, “I’m always chasing rainbows.”  Rainbows are supposed to bring good luck, but more important than that, in the Bible the rainbow is a sign that storms do end, and that God rewards faithfulness.    ;-)  Jack

FROM EDUCATOR PAUL:  Besides...getting that Pot of Gold ain't bad!====JACK:  "Pot of Gold" means different things to different people.  What does it mean to you?

FROM LS:  Is your cup half empty or half full.   I Like to Think     HALF FULL   (Not easy sometimes)====JACK:  A positive attitude usually needs some affirmation.

FROM DC IN KANSAS:  Is my thinking not normal?  But the rainbow for me is a symbol of forgiveness.  God said, "Try it over again.  They deserved punishment, but I'll not slap them down, drown them out because they sinned.  Hope.  start over.  God wants you to live."====JACK:  I was looking at the rainbow from the deck of the ark.  The ark itself and the end of the storm were a kind of "reward" for Noah's faithfulness.

FROM BLAZING OAKS: Not long ago Oprah said, "Be a rainbow today, in somebody's cloud" (or close to that). We can brighten others' stormy days with our bit of "rainbow"...I love the song "I'm always chasing rainbows" but the singer is always looking for a happy ending, which eludes her /him ! "Somewhere over the Rainbow" is more positive. And the Muppets, "Sing a Rainbow" is a clever children's song my kids enjoyed!====JACK: I remember hearing that "Somewhere over the rainbow" was sung at a funeral. I used the chasing rainbows" because of the connection with chasing storms.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Our 6 year old granddaughter Alyssa lives rainbows. Her room is decorated with rainbows and crosses. God has left us with a wonderful promise in the rainbow.====JACK: The study of physics, which explains how rainbows are caused, can open more of the wonders of God's creation.

No comments: