Monday, November 09, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 11/9/15
“NOW is the time.  The universe likes SPEED.  Don’t delay, second-guess or doubt.  When the opportunity is there…ACT!”  (Joe Vitale)  At age 21, shortly after I got my first car (a Model A Ford) I got my first speeding ticket…It cost me ten bucks.  Best selling author Joe Vitale says that speed is important.  When you want to accomplish something in life, don’t delay; opportunities come and vanish quickly.  His advice: ”Don’t just dawdle along!      ;-)  Jack

FROM DR PH:  Love it.  On the alter ego side my best advice to some people is:  WHEN IN DOUBT DON’T.  This advice has saved a number of marriages and lives.====JACK:  As I was writing today's WW, I was thinking that I should write something the danger of making snap decisions.  I guess it just depends on the message that you want to get across.

FRFOM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  You might enjoy seeing your first car ad.  Find your first car or the one you drove while in high school or college; hopefully that particular car brochure is available.
This has to be one of the coolest web sites whether you have gasoline in your veins or not. This particular website features the original factory brochures for nearly every American car you have ever owned or made. Just pick the manufacturer, the year and the model.
              Click Here:  Brochures
====JACK:  I found the brochure...only it pictured a convertible with a rumble seat.  Mine was a black two-door which I got from a friend for $100.====ST PAUL:  sounds like a good deal although back then, $100 was not a small amount of money.  how the times do change...====JACK:  As I remember….I didn’t have to take out a loan…cash and drive.  In fact, the first thing I had to do was to teach myself how to drive the thing.

FROM HAWKEYE GEORGE:  Sort of like Ready, Fire, Aim!  I've made many mistakes in life, but has turned out better than Ready, Aim, Aim, Aim, etc.  Have a nice day today, Jack.====JACK:  I coulda; i shoulda.  RATS!

FROM TARMART REV:  If I recall my childhood memories appropriately, it was the "tortoise" that out ran the "hare"!!====JACK:  You can find an adage for any message...Haste makes waste, or Strike while the iron is hot!  Today, it's...Take advantage of opportunities before it's too late, and you are left to forget missed chances.

FROM RI IN BOSTON:  At age 16 I got my first driver's license, and shortly thereafter I got my first speeding ticket.  The fine and court costs came to $31.50 which was a pretty big "hit" to my thin wallet.  So you got off easy at 10 bucks.  It was quite a few years later that I got my second speeding ticket, so it seems I did "just dawdle along."====JACK:  I remember, at the time of the ticket, I wanted a new pair of shoes that cost $10.  My speeding cost me a new pair of shoes.  Lesson learned -- until the next ticket.

FROM CHESTER THE GOOD:  Interesting. NOW backwards is WON!====JACK:  RETAL backwards is LATER.

FROM JT IN MICHIGAN:  When did you get your second speeding ticket?????====JACK:  I think that most of us can remember our first and our last.  I can't recall the in-betweens.  I'd be surprised if you haven't received one.====JT:  The only one I got was for going thru a flashing red light without stopping.  It was about 3 weeks after our wedding. I just remembered I did get one for speeding, in Ontario.  No traffic, but I was moving.  With currency difference it cost me over $100 (more than 20 years ago.====JACK:  You probably forgot that there's a difference between mph and km/h. ====JACK:  Once, when I was stopped for speeding, the officer asked what work I did, and I told him that I was a pastor.  He let me off with these words.  “You ministers are supposed to scare the hell out of people with your preaching, not with your driving.  Be careful!”


FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  Just do it.====JACK:  Nike's SWOOSH conjures up speed.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  It used to gall my husband that whenever I was stopped for speeding, (I was often a speedy driver) I'd get a warning ticket....he said, " don't ever complain about women's "rights"; no man gets by with that!!"  :-)   FROM BLAZING OAKS:  It used to gall my husband that whenever I was stopped for speeding, (I was often a speedy driver) I'd get a warning ticket....he said, " don't ever complain about women's "rights"; no man gets by with that!!"  :-) Opportunities present themselves, and you have to enjoy the ride...don't worry so much about the next step that you forget to enjoy the moment you're in right now!  Go for it!====JACK:  Recently, as police chaplain, I did an early morning ride.  The officer stopped a lady, speeding in a school zone with children present.  She was late for work.  She cried.  Too bad...no warning...She got the ticket.
   

No comments: