Monday, November 02, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 11/2/15
“Morning is God’s way of saying, ‘One more time, go make a difference, touch a heart, encourage a mind, inspire a soul and enjoy the day.’”  (Unknown)  Did you know that there’s an app, called Wunderlist, that plans the things you need to do each day?  If I were to use it, the first reminder would be to “Try and make a difference today!”  What is it that’s #1 for you each day?  When I checked out Wunderlist, I also came across a book ad, “What To Do When the To Do List Runs You.”  List or not, “making a difference” can make the day enjoyable.    ;-)  Jack

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  YEP! A brand new page to fill; I like "enjoy the day"! I read a good thought recently: "Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket". (Inspire, twitter). So, eager anticipation as to what the day will bring, one more time to...?!====JACK:  I like that "key" quote.  Too often....we let someone else direct our life and our feelings.

FROM TARMART REV:  "Brand new day, never been lived in before!" Exciting for me to reminisce after the day is done and all the adventure has been added up--seldom found disappointing! ====JACK:  Do you ever wake up in the morning and sing.....Heigh-ho, heigh-ho  It's off to work I go  I keep on singing all day long  Heigh-ho  Heigh-ho, heigh-ho?

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  There is always something to do each day.  We have had so many people in the neighborhood who need help in one way or another.  It is very hot down here for November, and most people are just staying inside. I got spoiled with the cool weather in Gettysburg and Washington.====JACK:  When Michiganders are asked what they like most about their state, one of the frequent answers is...the change of seasons.  We really do have a fall, winter, spring and summer.  There's something that I like about each of them.  ....and thanks for being a helping  neighbor in your neighborhood.  The Parable of the Good Samaritan was in response to someone who asked, "How do I get into heaven?"  (Love your neighbor as you love yourself!)

FROM AW IN ILLINOIS:  My evening prayer includes this:   Dear Lord, if you have something for me to do tomorrow, then wake me up and give me the wisdom and strength to do it. If not, then I am ready to go home.    Since God wakes me in the morning , then I have the adventure of trying to find what it is that God has for me to do, say, or be.  That makes  every new day a challenge.   P.S. this is not as classy as your quote..====JACK:  Are you kidding?  Your response is a great one.  "Now I lay me down to sleep; I pray the Lord my soul to keep.  If I die before I wake...I'm ready!"

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  My husband is a list maker!  I am a goal maker.  Each day I have a goal I get done before bed.  Sometimes it's as simple as writing a letter.  It really depends on what I am able to physically can accomplish.  I have good days with my arthritis and not so good days.  But I still have to do my goal.  I plan to check out Wunderlist!====JACK:  It seems to me that it's easier to make a to-do list than it is to set a goal that is to be accomplished during the day.  Pressure!

FROM INDY GENIE:  I love this one...thank you :)====JACK:  Your mom had a way of doing that and passed that knack on to her children.

No comments: