Monday, November 16, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 11/16/15
“I’ve done everything I can do for your Church, but it’s your Church, and I’m going to bed.”  (Prayer of Pope John XXIII)  I’m reminded of a woman who was able to sleep through the WW2 London Blitz.  How did she do it?  “I pray: ‘O Lord, whether I live or die is in your hands …now, let me go to sleep.’”  When there seems to be no solution for our “problem,” maybe the Pope and the woman had the right idea…”Now, I lay me down to sleep…”    ;-)  Jack
Click this link www.jackswinningwords.blogspot.com to see my blog

FROM TARMART REV:  ...good word of a Monday morning and the beginning of a new week!! His Church!!====JACK:  Sometimes we try to play "God" and think we can (or should be able to) solve all the problems of the world.====REV:  Always remember, even in our frailties, He has chosen our weaknesses to demonstrate His power and revelation to all mankind. Thankful, as I know you are, of being on His team.

FROM GUSTIE MARLYS:  That was amazing.  Mark Hanson was our presenter in our Kairos (adult ed) program yesterday and he used that very same quote!  And I love it.====JACK:  Mark Hanson must have felt the same way when he was guiding the ELCA during difficult times.  I kind of smile (a wry one) when people complain about Church decisions after prayers were offered for God to guide the voters in doing his will.====GM:  He said he did not lose sleep over the church—he did raising his 6 children!  Ha!  He is a very smart and nice man.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  "Into your hands oh Lord and Thy will be done, Amen"====JACK:  It's just like in the Lord's Prayer.

No comments: