Thursday, October 08, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 10/8/15
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”  (Ralph Waldo Emerson)  Emerson was a transcendentalist, part of a group who believed that you can find God in every living thing.  “I believe that Christ is within us…a still, small voice.”  Some have said that Emerson was a prophet of modern American religion.  A pastor who I knew and admired said, “You don’t have to park your brain with your car when you go to church.”    ;-)  Jack

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  I like that.====JACK:  Did you ever feel as though you had to park your brain?

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  E.Stanley Jones once said, "Christ gives us enough evidence to merit the Faith Walk, but not enough to take away the adventure." ( He once stayed in our home for 3 days while holding Evangelical meetings in Dixon area...)  Christ said that the "kingdom of God" or the "Holy Spirit" is within us, which is a hard concept for many, and certainly for Jews who worship a high  and mighty, perfect God,  whose name they didn't (don't) even say aloud!   RWE was a stalwart of faith in his day!====JACK:  E.S.J's book, Abundant Living, was given to me by my Sunday School teacher at age 16 when I was confined to the hospital because of polio.  It was my first try at daily devotional reading.  I wish that I still had it.  It is one of the many that I've loaned out and never gotten back.  I consider those books to be like the seeds in "the Sower" parable.

No comments: