Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 10/7/15
“Life is like a camera…focus on what’s important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don’t work out, take another shot.”  (Unknown)  The I-Phone has changed the camera industry.  Selfies, selfies…even the Pope is in selfies.  What’s good about “instant” pictures is, “If you don’t like what you see, click again.”  Instant change is hard when it comes to your life, but change is still possible when you don’t like what you see.    ;-)  Jack

FROM DAIRYLAND DONNA:  This is so perfect for what is coming up for me in the next few days. I will keep it with me. Thanks Jack!====JACK:  "Smile..1,2,3 (click)" is still the same, Kodak or I-Phone.  Photos help improve the memory, as time passes.

FROM HAWKEYE GEORGE:  This is a very good one! Thanx====JACK:  Accent-u-ate the positive and elimi-i-nate the negative...and things will have a way of working out.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Good analogy; I'll use if for my "thought for today" message  to S.S. class members on Sunday!  All my kids and "grands" and even the "great-grands" take lots of selfies and pictures of everything. We'll certainly have a pictorial history of family and events in years to come, and that's true of our national history as well. A picture is still worth a thousand words, in many cases. Very relevant WW to life today!! Thanks!====JACK:  Times change.  In my first congregation I had a member who owned a photo shop.  His fingernails were always brown, because he hand-developed all the rolls of film that were dropped off.  The stain came from the chemicals that he used.  I don't need a picture to remember what he looked like.  My mind does it for me.

FROM CK IN CALGARY:  What is the title of that song Jack? I'm in Calgary (Alberta) all day today.====JACK: The song, by The Fray is YOU FOUND ME.  You can get it on YouTube.

FROM TARMART REV:  ...have deleted several first takes myself!!====JACK:  If it were only as easy to delete some mis-judgments.

FROM WISFORNIA:  This is so awesome!!! I love it! :) gonna repost====JACK:  You probably know all about "taking another shot."

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Loved this one!  I take so many photos that the family automatically poses for everything.  Kimberly said Joshua grew up thinking Grandma had a camera imbedded in her face.  I also spend time deleting the bad photos.  I guess I'm one of a few who use a camera, not my IPhone.  Just think, God deleted our sins just like that!  Snap!====JACK:  Have you ever clicked "delete" and then regretted it?  I've opened the "deleted" file more than once on my computer.  Some people would appreciate a file like that in life.

No comments: