Friday, October 23, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 10/23/15
“Isn’t it wonderful!  Inside every little beam of light, a rainbow is sleeping.”  (Ashleigh Brilliant)  There is so much that is “hidden” in this world of ours.  To limit our knowledge by saying, “seeing is believing,” is short-sighted.  I’ve read that there are as many creatures on our body as there are people in the world.  Herbert Brokering’s hymn says: “Earth and all stars (weather, vegetation, technology) sing to the Lord a new song.”  Have you sung it?    ;-)  Jack

FROM GUSTIE MARLYS:  I Love that hymn.  I used it all the time when I did Bible School music!  It is great to get people to sing out!====JACK:  I've read a critique of the lyrics, saying that the choice of words is flawed.  That may be so....but I still like the hymn, and most people that I've talked to like to sing it.  The "message" is the point that I was trying to make.====GM:  I suppose the words are flawed in the same way ONWARD CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS is flawed.  Not PC! ====JACK:  If a certain song offends you, then don't sing it....or sing it and just appreciate the tune.

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  sometimes you have to believe to see.  it may not happen immediately,  but generally it will happen...====JACK:  Sometimes Christians use those words (believing is seeing) to explain the concept of faith.====ST PAUL:  I also liked Niebuhr's "taking a leap of faith"...   I think that was Niebuhr...  M L King said that faith is like climbing a ladder when you are not sure where the next wrung is.

FROM TARMART REV:  ...it usually surfaces during an internal conflict and soothes my troubled heart verbally while driving further down the road!!====JACK:  What is "it"?====REV:  "The new song I'm to sing to the Lord!" Just realized why 'it' would be confusing.

FROM KF IN MICHIGAN:  Of course!====JACK:  Which phrasing do you like best?  "Loud rustling dry leaves, Loud cheering people, or Loud blowing snowstorms?"====KF:  Loud rustling dry leaves.====JACK:  I didn't think that it would be "Loud cheering Spartans."

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  As you know, I absolutely (love) Ashleigh!  He lights up the world with his little insights into life.  It's too bad his workplace burned and he lost some much of his work. ====JACK:  Maybe he tried too hard to light up the world.

FROM WATERFORD JAN:  A favorite hymn of my consolidated congregation—is there any other hymn with the word “engine” in it?  Regarding a fire destroying original cartoons—that is likely the work of Richard Guidon who moved to the  Traverse City area many years ago where a fire destroyed much of his work.  I have 27 of Ashleigh Brilliant’s cartoons which I cut out and glued on cardboard.  Unfortunately, they are not dated.  I intended to include one of them in this message, but all 27 are so unique that I’m having difficulty deciding which one to send.  OK—How about this one:  “I hate to say Goodbye, so I won’t.”====JACK:  Almost everyone of his sayings is a favorite of mine, depending on the situation.  "Not even a great leader can get very far without great people to lead."  That's a good one to put on the church's bulletin board,,,PROMINENTLY!====JAN:  You always have the right words at the right time!

FROM DB:  I really like this winning words!  I have something to share with you: I am taking a biology class this semester (in preparation for Pharmacy School). I have learned some amazing things about cells. What goes on in them is almost beyond imagination. They are like their own individual universes. Despite the riggers, I see God's incredible handiwork. I can't understand scientists who say, 'there is no God, creation created itself'.  The things that I have seen could only come from supreme intelligence: like things called "motor proteins" that literally "walk" across microtubules and carry vesicles (sacs of whatever). They walk like a person! You can view this online. It will blow your mind!====JACK:  Sometimes, when we don't see something, we think that it doesn't exist.  That goes for the things of this world...and the next.

No comments: