Friday, October 02, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 10/2/15
“Don’t think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm.”  (Malayan Proverb)  The crocodile first appeared on earth 55 million years ago.  A TV show, produced in England, was called, “Swimming With Crocodiles.”  That’s not for me.  But today’s proverb is not about the crocodile; it’s about being wary of unseen dangers.  That’s why we get flu shots; that’s why we’re on the alert for scams.  Have you been swimming among any crocodiles lately?    ;-)  Jack

FROM TARMART REV:  I'm curious how many were swimming with them 55 million years ago?! Did anyone wear alligator boots or carry alligator purses back then?====JACK:  Evidently that was before Adam and Eve, so there was no need for shoes or purses.

FROM HAWKEYE GEORGE:  The water was calm in OR before that man shot all those people at the college.====JACK:    Good analogy.  Supposedly, he asked each one (before he pulled the trigger), "Are you a Christian?"  In such a situation, is truth required?====GEORGE:  It depends on the situation.  If asked that in Japan in WW II, I would say yes. In Columbine I would say yes. In a holdup I might not.====JACK:  In Oregon?  I don't know that a "truthful" answer is required when face to face with a deranged killer with a gun.

FROM RI IN BOSTON:  That's a great proverb.  In recent months I have felt like I'm up to my armpits in alligators.  I'm "paddling" as fast as I can but don't seem to be evading them.====JACK:  I've read that sometimes splashing in the water attracts them.  Maybe the solution is to stay calm until they swim away and the danger passes.====RI:  Yeah...in my case maybe I should just let things go for a while.  Things may resolve themselves.

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  no thanks!   I like staying on dry land...   we did have a near miss with a croc some  years ago in the Florida Everglades.  too long a story to tell here but it was a bit scary. we were in a place where apparently we should not have been!   somebody was looking out for us.====JACK:  Someone recently wrote and told me about a snake that swallowed a crocodile.  So, watch out for the snakes, too!

FROM RS IN TEXAS:  Sometimes I think life is like swimming with crocodiles - you never know when one will decide to introduce themselves.  The Boy Scout motto is good - Be Prepared.  Prayer is usually pretty good too.........Yea though I swim with the crocodiles I shall fear no evil for Thou art with me.............. ====JACK:  Have you seen the Message Bible?  It sounds as though you've been reading it.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  Hopefully not. The  crocodile hunter was a favorite of my grandchildren until he met his sad demise.====JACK:  That was sad.  He was stung by a stingray.  I read that his final words wer, "I'm dying."



No comments: