Friday, October 16, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 10/16/15
“If today is your birthday, you have likeability, you are understanding and value human contact--although, you can be moody.”  (Birth-day Meanings)  Horoscopes?  Are you into those readings?  It’s said that 7 of 10 Americans check their horoscope daily.  Famous people born on this day include Oscar Wilde, Noah Webster and Flea (some of you will have to look him up).  “Happy Birthday” is the most recognized song in the English language.    ;-)  Jack

FROM DR J:   Speaking of moody… do you remember the Moody Blues band?====JACK:  I like this MB quote:  "Bursting forth with the power of ten billion butterfly sneezes."

FROM RI IN BOSTON:  I have all those characteristics you noted, but today is not my birthday.  Someone must have messed up when it came to the date of my natal arrival.====JACK:  Did you have to look up Flea?====RI:  Yes.  Don't make me work like that!====JACK:  Did you listen to any of his music?

FROM TARMART REV:  By chance is it your birthday, Jack?! If so, happiest celebration to you...if not, happiest celebration for this day to you!!====JACK:  Why do you suppose we make such a big thing about birthdays?  My baptismal date is November 27.  How come I had to look that up...and not my birthday?  BTW, today is not my birthday.====REV:  Because great-great grandmother made such a big deal out of it, we've kept it up with the help of Hallmark?!

FROM HY YO SILVER:  When is YOUR birthday?====JACK:  It was Sept 6.  You missed it!====HY:  You and Sander Levin.

FROM HAWKEYE GEORGE:  I'm taking this to a good friend's b'day party today.====JACK:  I'll bet that you sing the Birthday Song, too.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  I used to amuse myself n my teens by reading about my birthday, day or my "personality".  I found each day could apply to me!  I haven't read it since.  My birthday is October 8!====JACK:  Your Horoscope says that you are considerate and caring...that you make a good friend...you have a tendency to be your own boss...AND you are a social butterfly.

FROM LH IN MICHIGAN: Thought you might like this quotation for 10/16, the birthday of Oscar Wilde:  "Who, being loved, is poor?"

FROM LH IN MICHIGAN: Thought you might like this quotation for 10/16, the birthday of Oscar Wilde:  "Who, being loved, is poor?"====JACK:  I thought I knew the meaning, but you have caused me to look up the word, poor.  Among the "expected" synonyms are these two that I like...  "Necessitous and behind-the eight-ball."

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  I understand that the song Happy Birthday could not be sung in restaurants for years, so there were several variations to avoid paying a fee.  Now things have changed.  Have you heard it, too?====JACK:  There used to be a Farrell's Ice Cream store in our community that especially catered to children's parties.  A girl from our church applied to them for a job.  They asked her for her qualifications.  She responded, "I can sing Happy Birthday!"  She got the job.

No comments: