Friday, May 08, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 5/8/15
“Just when the caterpillar thought her life was over, she began to fly.”  (Dr. Happy)  Do you sometimes have a problem, wondering what happens after the death of a loved one, or even your own death?  The butterfly has become a sign for some that there is a beautiful after-life.  Who’d  believe that the egg, larvae, pupa could become the butterfly?  When we change our perception of miracles, we’ll begin to see them everywhere.  Oops!  There’s one!    ;-)  Jack 

FROM TARMART REV:  ...the butterfly and also the dragon fly (previously a slimy slug make very good illustrations...use them often. ====JACK:  I've never heard that a dragonfly came from a slug.  Maybe you'd better go back to Biology 101.  To me, dragonflies are among God's most fascinating inventions.

FROM RI IN BOSTON:  There are so many miraculous transitions that astound us...the blossom becoming an apple, the hatchling from the egg, the acorn rooting into a tree, etc.  There is much that we may not comprehend but in the process it will leave us in awe and wonder.  Who is the Master of such mysteries?====JACK:  Someone recently sent me a list of the 32 most beautiful sounding English words.  SYZYGY was on the list, but not METAMORPHOSIS. 

FROM DAZ IN COLORADO:  I'll vote for that and so will Kathy.====JACK:  It's a miracle that our country survives with some people voting one way and others voting for the opposite.  Wasn't it your friend, Abe who said, "You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time"?====DAZ:  That was it and it's still true.

FROM KANSAN DC:  I prefer the butterfly to Easter lilies as the representative of the Resurrection. ====JACK:  I prefer both...and the empty cross, too.  But, I know what you mean. 

FROM SBP IN FLORIDA:  Who’d believe that an egg and a sperm could become an infant , a child a man, an Einstein, or  a da Vinci, or an O’Keefe...or an  oak tree from an acorn, or a uniting of two elements to create water!!!!! There’s only one answer, and ,for me, it’s not just  evolution. Every part of existence is a God given /created miracle.====JACK:  Continuing on from the miracle of birth, there's the genetic makeup of the child and the operation of the brain and so much more...not to mention trying to figure out the concept of God.

FROM CHESTER THE GOOD: This is one of your best ones EVER!====JACK:  Your response wants me to ask: Why?  That's the miracle of Winning Words.  The message can mean different things to the readers.  To me, it's the Spirit of God at work.====CHESTER:  I was in a blue funk and needed a reminder that life is good. .. God is good.====JACK:  Do you remember Ella Fitzgerald singing, "Am I blue?"  And, the, there's one I like..."Blue skies, all of them blue."

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Have read so many memoirs about NDE's most of which are fascinating, but all have different perspectives...Dying to be Me by Anita Moorjani  and Dr. Mary Neal's To Heaven and Back, are two that were especially memorable: But I also think that if our Mortal minds had the capacity to understand the Spiritual afterlife, Jesus would have offered more details, than "In my  Father's House  are many rooms; I go to prepare a place  for you, that where I am you, you may be also". As your professor once opined, "You can't unscrew the Inscrutable!"   But we do try! :-). ====JACK:  Sometimes I envy the people who have a simple faith.  "Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so."  But, that doesn't mean that you can't ask questions.  Even Jesus asked, "My God, my God, why?"====OAKS:  And the more you seek, the less you know for sure!!  Those with "simple faith" are often not profound thinkers or questioners, but their faith nevertheless is a great comfort for them! We have enough "evidence" to merit the adventure, but not enough to take away the mystery!!  I think it is healthy to have questions and seek further knowledge!!

FROM IKE AT THE MIC:  On that theme there is a quote that I've used at some of my seminars:
Pessimists do not believe in miracles, Optimists believe everything is a miracle.====JACK:  Turn over any stone, and there are miracles living beneath it in the soil, in the water.  There's a song, "It's a strange, strange world we live in, Master Jack."

No comments: