Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 5/6/15
“When you take risks you will find that there will be times when you succeed and there will be times when you fail, and both are equally important.”  (Ellen DeGeneres)  Life can be like  living on a roller coaster, with its ups and downs.  The “downs,” the detours, the failures can sometimes lead to “the best thing that ever happened to me.”  Before Ellen became “famous,” she worked at Penney’s, was a house painter and bartender.  Enjoy your life’s ride.    ;-)  Jack 

ROM GOOD DEBT JON:  I Love Ellen Degeneres.====JACK:  "Stars" are real people.  She's led a complicated life, but is a survivor...a funny one.====JON:  She certainly has. She seems like a good soul, someone you'd like to have as a friend...

FROM TARMART REV:  You brought out the preacher in me once again this morning, Jack: "I’ve learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. I’m just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I’ve found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am" (Philippians 4:13 The Message Bible). ====JACK:  Speaking of being contented...Do you remember the slogan of Carnation evaporated milk?  Carnation milk comes from contented cows.  This seems to suggest that there are cows (like people) who are malcontents. 

FROM CL IN MICHIGAN:  Well said!====JACK:  Life isn't always a matter of successes.  When failure happens, I like this thought expressed in a song..."Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again."

No comments: