Monday, May 04, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 5/4/15
“When you start to do things you truly love, it doesn’t matter if it’s Monday or Friday.”  (David Dweck)  Fleetwood Mac sings, “Monday morning…Got to get some peace in my mind.”  If you are looking to get peace in your mind this week, today’s WWs suggests doing things that you want to do.  Control your week; don’t let it control you.  Sometimes it’s as simple as looking for positives in life, rather than only negatives.  What’s the 1st positive you see today?    ;-)  Jack 

FROM LBP IN PLYMOUTH:  I hear the birds singing.  It's going to be a busy 10 days. But I think I've planned ahead enough (for some things) that I can drive the week instead of just going for a wild ride.====JACK:  My first positive..."Winning Words" was sent out without a glitch.  Usually there's a least one.  2nd positive...a beautiful bird chirp from a tall pine tree...A 3rd positive would have been to be able to see the bird that made the chirp.

FROM MS IN MICHIGAN:  It was daylight when I got up!====JACK:  It's dark when I get up...at 4:30 am.  On weekends, I allow myself to sleep in...for an extra hour.

FROM TARMART REV:  WWs with Jack!!===My first WWs response is a positive...Your's was the 3rd today, but usually it's the 1st.

FROM PASTY PAT:  I've been granted another day!====JACK:  ...and another year.  Happy Birthday.

FROM PEPPERMINT MARY:  the day!====JACK:  A pastor in Minneapolis used to begin his daily radio program by enthusiastically saying, "Up and away, for this is God's day!  Are you going God's way?"  To go God's way is a worthy goal for today and every day.

FROM GUSTIE MARLYS:  I am up and walking on 2 feet and breathing!====JACK:  Hallelujah!  Now...stick your right hip out and shake it all about.  You know the song.

FROM DAIRYLAND DONNA:  Yes! True and so many people hate Mondays.====JACK:  In the wider scheme of things, Monday is just another day.  It is what you make it.====DONNA:  I think what happens is people (naturally) cram too much into a weekend, like we just did, so the reason Monday gets a bad rap is we are tired.====JACK:  Then, we choose our Mondays.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Just looking out our deck this morning, was wonderful.  I opened the door and heard hundreds of red winged blackbirds dining away!====JACK:  The caw, caw of the blackbird is music to other blackbirds.  I like the red-winged blackbirds.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  That is the great thing about retirement-you can plan your own day-barring emergencies. Every day is good.  The sun is shining and there is a slight breeze.  Monday is my day  to catch up on errands.  In my mother's day, she washed on Monday, ironed  on Tuesday, cleaned on Wednesday, and shopped on Friday.  I never had a schedule like that with our five children and their activities.====JACK:  One day you and your mother had in common...Sunday, churrrch (as the song goes).

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Good to be reminded of "positive" thinking, when it comes to "have-to-do" instead of "what I LOVE to do"! I have been in enough "developing countries" and poverty sections (Congo, India, China, and yes, America! etc) that I can thank God for running water and soap, when I have to do dishes, or scrub floors and bathrooms, and for all the conveniences we have to do necessary things!! Monday or Friday, middle class America is so blessed, even if we can't always be doing things we love!!  A positive today was having  a car with gas, to take elderly, nearly blind, Martha, to water aerobics, and hair app't, and to do grocery shopping!====JACK:  Yes, a dose of living without the "luxuries" we take for granted would make us "thank our lucky stars."  I remember hearing that expression when I was growing up.



No comments: