Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 3/4/15
“Sometimes you need to talk to a 5-year-old so you can understand life again.”  (Sent by Lauren)  Someone gave me a book, Children’s Letters to God.  “DEAR GOD…Are you really invisible, or it a trick?...Who told you that you were God?...I think about you sometimes, even when I’m not praying….What does it mean that you’re a jealous God?  I thought you had everything.”  If you were to write a letter to God, what would you say?    ;-)  Jack

FROM TARMART REV:  "Thank you!!"====JACK:  I like the song, "Thank you Lord, for seeing me  Thank you Lord for knowing who I am  Thank you Lord hearing me,   It's so easy to get lost these days  In the shuffle and the noise."

FROM PEPPERMINT MARY:  i'd say, "thank you for children".====JACK:  What do you suppose Jesus meant when he said, "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven?"====MARY:  hmmmmmmmmm...i think it means that everything we say or do should come from a pure heart.  it doesn't mean no mistakes are made.  it means that they are made naively , not maliciously.

FROM JB AT LSTC:  Oh, that is a great question! My mother has a long list of questions for God, mostly about evil in the world. She also has a well-developed sense of wonder and often says, “Good job, God!” when she sees something beautiful.====JACK:  A good idea for what's left of Lent this year...Write a one-sentence letter to God each day 9iknstead of giving up sweets).  I think your mom might be good at doing that.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I'd say, "thank you for every day above ground, and for the belly laughs from reading Jack's blog on "bird poop"!  What is more refreshing than a good laugh! It's heart healthy!! I do it often....  Smiling still.====JACK:  Do you remember the picture of the laughing Jesus?  I think the artist also drew pictures for a toilet paper company. 

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  How very true.  I can understand why Jesus said we must have faith like a child.  They have complete faith in God.  I love to talk with my grandchildren about God.   Or for that matter, anything they want to talk about.  Art Linkletter had the right idea when he decided to talk to children on his show.====JACK:  I suppose if you'd kept a journal of what your grandchildren talked about with you, there would be the makings of a book.

FROM KF IN MICHIGAN:  I like "who told you that you were God"?====JACK:  I had fun picking out which ones to use.
 

No comments: