Friday, December 12, 2014

Jack’s Winning Words 12/12/14
“You’ll find it worth while if you roll out of bed with a smile.”  (Summer Camp Song)  An article in Forbes magazine lists ten things that successful people do when they wake up.  At YMCA summer camp, I learned one more…Wake up with a grin.  There’s a new day a-tumblin’ in.  It helps to get up on the right side of the “cot.”  It’s good for us and for the people around us.  Among the ten, Forbes suggests tossing out one thing you don’t need.  Good idea!    ;-)  Jack 

FROM RS IN TEXAS:  I like the idea about tossing out one thing you don't need.  If we did one a day we might be down to where we need to be in 5 years or so!====JACK:  I tried "pitching out" for a couple of days.  Then, it became too hard.  I was like Steve Martin, in the movie, The Jerk." 

FROM TRIHARDER:  When I was dating Suzy, the dentist, I took her two boys camping in Canada.  They started singing camp songs that made me turn red.  I told them that their mother would blame me for teaching them those songs.====JACK:  The raciest song we sang was...  (Tune: Battle Hymn of the Republic)
I wear my pink pajamas, in the summer when it's hot.
I wear my flannel nighties In the winter when it's not.
And sometimes in the springtime and sometimes in the fall,
I jump right in between the sheets with nothing on at all.

FROM CZB IN NEW HAMPSHIRE:  Totally agree!  My roommate from b-school used to wake up every morning and say "today is going to be a stellar day."  What fun it was to live with such a positive woman.  Also recently went to a friends memorial service, she passed away from pancreatic cancer.  Every morning she would wake up with a song blasting about starting the day with a dance.  Her kids thought she was nutty in the beginning, but began to truly appreciate the meaning of that song.  Now they all use it.====JACK:  I like another line from that song...."Wake with the sun and the rooster.  Cockadoodle-do like the rooster u-ster."  We need more fun songs like that.  Are there any that you remember?====CZB:   "Goooooood morning, good morning!, we've danced the whole night through.  Good morning, good morning to you!"  How about "Happy" by Pharell?  Great song for any time of the day!====JACK:  Some of Snow White's dwarfs exemplify how certain folks get up in the morning...Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey, Sleepy and Happy. 

FROM CHESTER THE GOOD:  Smile a while, let a song be your style. Use Fitch Shampoo. ====JACK:  Fred Fitch was an Iowa barber who developed a special shampoo.  He had a slogan:  "Don't itch it, Fitch it!"

FROM JB IN OLV:  Not until I have at least two cups of coffee.....morning is not my friend!  But I am working on it.====JACK:  Solution: Plug the coffee maker in next to your bed.

FROM TARMART REV:  Especially when the cot is up against the wall . . . with or without a song and smile, it could turn out to be a real punch in the face . . . I'm reminded of one of those trips to Michigan when sleeping at my wife's sister's house, I got up to go in the middle of the night to go the restroom. The bed was up close to he wall and when I got out of bed, I stood up, took two steps forward and then turned right into the downed blinds on the window, thinking it was the door. Couldn't do anything but laugh!!  0;-/

FROM HONEST JOHN:  I'm not going to let my wife see this.   She might decide to toss me out! ====JACK:  Why don't you try singing the "Roll Out of Bed" song to her to see her response...
Roll out of bed in the morning
With a great big smile and a good, good morning
Wake up with a grin
There's a new day a-tumbling in
Wake with the sun and the rooster
Cock-a-doodle-do like the rooster, useta
You'll find it worth while
If you roll out of bed with a smile
Do your singing in the chalet
As you start this happy day
While you're singing in the chalet
Think of all the fun you'll get the Butlin way
Coffee and rolls with your honey
Turns a gloomy day to a day that's sunny
You'll find it worth while
If you roll out of bed with a smile

No comments: